Fingerhut Fresh Start

Discussion in Credit Cards started by LindaKay • Mar 18, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    If you have bad credit, the Fingerhut Fresh Start program can be a good option for you. They make it easy for even those with bad credit to qualify, and you'll get approved for something like a $130 line of credit with a $30 deposit. Some of their items are too costly, like their electronics...I would go with something like a comforter set or something like that because those aren't bad deals.

The good thing about Fingerhut is that they DO report to the credit bureaus, unlike some of the other easy credit companies. So, you can actually establish and repair your credit with Fingerhut. If you pay responsibly, they'll give you a good report and even increase your credit limit. It's something to think about if you're looking to repair your credit or get started with a credit account..

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend received a Fingerhut catalog with a preapproved credit limit. He asked me about them. I have never heard of them. I have been meaning to do some research on them, but it always seems to slip my mind. This thread came at the right time.

I would agree that some of their items seem to be overpriced. I supposed it might be worth it to someone who is building his or her credit back up.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I've known quite a few people who have worked with them in the past. They aren't a scam or anything. You're just better off ordering smaller items, and perhaps houseware type stuff...it doesn't seem as overpriced as some of the other things do. I'm glad I brought it up at the right time for you lol.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Be careful when it comes to shipping. Though they may offer free or reduced price shipping on certain items, read everything carefully. While they do have some rare finds at an okay price, many are over the top. Though it is no different than using a high-interest credit card, these purchases should be avoided when possible.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a relative who has used Finger Hut, and has had a positive experience with them. Good to know that they have a program like that, and it helps to rebuild people's credit. Its always good to get a second chance with credit as much as possible. Do they have good items in their catalogs?

6. BabyBrwneyez

BabyBrwneyezNew Member

Threads:
    I have a frest start account and so far have made 5 on time payments. I have a payment due next month. My balance is $55 and my monthly payment is $21. If I make the $21 it will be my 6th payment. What I want to do is pay the $55 off. Will this be included as a sixth payment or should I pay the $21 monthly then pay off the rest a few days later? I just want to graduate to a revolving account.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    You could always pay off the balance you have now and then spend a little more money so that you have more payments to make, thus generating more on time payments. When you stretch out your payments you will be paying interest on the remaining balance. If you make a new purchase, I think there is a grace period before it generates interest.

8. BabyBrwneyez

BabyBrwneyezNew Member

Threads:
    Under the fresh start program Im not able to make purchases until I pay off the balance. I have a balance of $55 and a monthly of $21. My 6th payment is due next month. Should I pay the $21 or the whole balance? I just want to make sure Im meeting the programs requirements when it comes to the 6th payment. Id rather pay the $55 that is left, will that count as the 6th payment?