Firmoo Glasses - Buyer Beware

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by shermanbri • Jan 12, 2015.

1. shermanbri

shermanbriNew Member

Threads:
    Firmoo Glasses is an online retailer. They have fashionable prescription glasses at wonderful prices. I had won a "pair of my choice" through a blog giveaway. When I tried to order - the code I was given wouldn't work. So I contacted customer service. After 3 or 4 emails (received in the middle of the night with bad grammar due to being in a different country) I was told that my code was only good for a specific pair of glasses. At this point I was just frustrated because I had spent a lot of time entering the giveaway so that my husband could get a new pair of glasses, something we just couldn't afford at the time, and the glasses the code was good for were horrid. So I explained that when I was emailed as the winner, by the company mind you, that I was told it was a pair of my choice. I was referred to someone in upper management who told me they couldn't help me. I told them I wasn't interested and that I would be giving a bad review when I had the chance...hoping to motivate them. This is where it gets pretty good. The next email I received told me that I was being completely unreasonable and rude. And that they would be putting me on a "do not service" list!! And I promise you, my e-mails were nothing ridiculous - no bad language, no threats (beyond a bad review)...just me being frustrated. My next e-mail, however, was not as polite. They did end up giving me a code, but I refused to use it because of the way I was treated.

Have you ever had experience with Firmoo? I'd love to know if the quality of their glasses compares to the quality of their customer service.

2. lessthanthree

lessthanthreeNew Member

Threads:
    I found that their glasses were not great quality, but they did the job as transition lenses after my main ones broke, until my insurance could cover a new pair (I only get one per year).

Honestly, I never had to contact their customer service, but they seem to be operating overseas, and I didn't trust them to provide good customer service to begin with. A company that offers glasses for that price is obviously cutting corners elsewhere, and usually it's at the CSR level.

3. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Bah, such a misfortune. I was tempted to use their service but I don't know why I couldn't get myself to order. Good thing I did not order. You should put some bad reviews anyway, mainly for poor customer service. I don't think you should be giving them the finger and telling everyone their glasses suck, because that shouldn't be the case. Take care :D !