First class flight

Discussion in Travel started by whnuien • May 8, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always wondering how it is like to be in a first class flight. I know it is very expensive but it would still be a great experience and maybe a much better option if you are travelling with a young baby. I've only tried the first class on the train from Edinburgh to London and the service was awesome, the space were big, and I had an Internet connection on board.

Have any of you tried a first class flight already? And is it worth the price?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, although I haven't tried it myself, my grandmother told me that it's really good to be there, really far for the usual flight class. The foods are fantastic, gourmet which she looks so much of having a first class flight. She doesn't wonder why it's expensive, so I think the quality of the it really deserves its high tag.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard from a lot of travel websites and seen the menu of the first class meals and they're not that appealing. They're certainly not worth the money from what I've read. I guess it depends on the airline. I would think logically that if it's a crappy airline then it's going to be crappy first class.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have flown first class once. It was an upgrade. I think the rep upgraded me because he was a friend of my father. It was great being in first class. I had so much leg space. I was offered food and drink before the plane took off. I also could drink and eat at any time during the flight. I was also the first to leave the plane.

The food and drinks were great, but I was most excited about having legs space and being able to leave the plane before everyone else. It just might be worth it to pay extra depending on the cost.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    That was very lucky for you!

Since I became a mother I started thinking of all these travel matters that could make my family travels easier in the future. Well I myself am very interested to at least try once :D

6. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried it once. Of course, the service, seats, food, amenities, freebies, and everything else are so much better but to be honest, I don't think it's practical. You only spend a few hours on a flight. I would rather spend that much on a good hotel instead of spending a lot of a flight that ends after a few hours.

Also, I would say it depends on the airline providing first class service. Y

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on whether or not you can afford it. To some, flying first class is the only choice while to others its "special". If you can afford it then do it. First be sure you understand what it means to be able to afford it. If you are someone with no savings, in debt, etc.. This is not in your budget.

8. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I think first class flight is comfortable as compare to others many low class peoples give priority to first class but high class give preference VIP class..

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I got to fly first class for free once and it was indeed very fun, though I don't know if I'd still think so if I actually had to pay for it. It is very comfortable, but the one I got to try wasn't really all that luxurious in terms of design and mostly it just afforded us more space and also of course probably better food and drinks. I did like the pampered service we got as it was much easier to make requests since there were a lot less people in our area.