First thing that you do when you wake up?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by 003 • May 12, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from opening my eyes, getting up from my bed, going out of the room, the first thing that I do really once I opened my eyes is reflect what about the how day ahead would turn out to be, the things that I would have to attend to, my responsibilities and my obligations. Instead that I feel lazy, I motivate myself that I must start now and keep doing and striding ahead. In that way, I feel it lighter to get up from the bed and face the day. It's really helpful for me when I think once I woke up.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that insightful when I wake up, actually my 1st thought is to just go to the bathroom and eat if I am hungry, lol. I don't really pray or do anything spiritual. If I'm going somewhere then my thoughts are on the place where I'm going to and what I'm about to do.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I always have things to look forward to and check in the morning so I usually turn my laptop on as soon as I wake up. My baby girl always wakes up a bit later so I have sometimes free for myself. But before I do anything on the laptop though I must have to have a cup of coffee. Just its aroma can wakes me up fully, makes me happy, and energetic.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the first thing in the morning is to have a glass of warm water with lemon juice before I get on my bike and head for the nearest swimming pool. It's been my custom for several years now. At times when I was living near the ocean, I would go down to beach early in the morning and throw myself into the surf. For me there is no better way to start the day. It gives me energy for the rest of the day.

#4Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Dora M that sounds awesome. I tend to sit right up as soon as I hear my alarm and get going. I turn the work laptop on, watch the emails roll in and make a cup of tea. Sometimes, if I know the day is going to be very busy, I make a to do list the night before. I'll grab that if I made one and tape it to my desk so I don't miss anything. If I have to be in court for something I tend to run around double and triple checking my files, getting dressed and trying to get out the door in time. I wish I had a better morning routine but for some reason I can't shake the frantic stressful tornado that starts as soon as I wake up.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest the first thing I do depends. There are times where the first thing I do is pray. But there are times I forget too, which is awful, but I do. If I do not pray first I usually wake up/cuddle with my spouse. I suppose those too go hand in hand, because I will cuddle/tickle/sing to my spouse until he wakes up. I like to aggravate.