Fit Bit

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Ke Gordon • Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you think buying a Fitbit is worth it? They seem to be quite high priced. I have a pacer app on my phone that works well, but naturally you have to have the phone with you. If you are not carrying the phone, it does nothing of course. However, the great thing about this is that it was free.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using a fitbit since the beginning of the year. At first, it was fascinating to compare activity stats but lately mine has been on overload and gives inaccurate information. Anyone with doubts should save their money.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've got a colleague who wears her fitbit to work each day. It's interesting to see just how many steps we take at work. What she likes best about the fitbit is she has it synched to her phone so she can easily check in on how many steps she taken. She was showing me that it will track her quality and length of sleep. So it was interesting she thought she was a sound sleeper but rolled around a lot. The fitbit gave her feedback that she had 7 hours of sleep and 19 restless moments... Not sure how accurate that was. She was surprised when she read that. I think for the money they cost they it would be great to receive one as a gift but I don't think I'd rush out to buy one just yet. Maybe if they go down in price.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Fitbit is really expensive but i think in the end it will be worth it. I have a friend who use fitbit and she claimed it's really a must have for fitness buffs. I will definitely buy one in the future.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that a Fitbit is probably worth the money, since it is a pretty sophisticated fitness tracker. However, if you just want something that will track your steps and do not need to know about what hours you slept best, or what your heart rate is, and the other information, you can get a basic fitness tracker much cheaper than the Fitbit.
    I personally have a Fitbug Orb. It can be worn as a clip-on, or like a wristwatch. The fitbug counts steps, and also can track how well you sleep if you are interested in that.
    It is simple to use, you just push the only button that it has, and it will sync right up with your smartphone. The app also has an activity log, so that if you went swimming for an hour (as an example) you can add this in, and it will tell you how many calories you burned while swimming.
    The food diary is set up so that you can enter what you ate for the day, and then the app calculates how many calories you burned from the activities you had that day as opposed to how many calories you ate.

Mine was on clearance for $15, but the regular price for the Fitbug Orb is about $25 on Amazon, and there are also other fitness trackers that are in the same price range. Unless you just want to have an expensive tracker, I think that starting out with a cheaper one is an excellent idea.
    I like mine so well that I don't need one of the more expensive trackers.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have just been bought a fitbit for my birthday which I like but I am wondering whether it is actually worth the money as these days we can get phone apps that serve the same purpose. The only thing that worries me is I have read that some of the phone apps are not accurate and can give you a false reading on blood pressure and heart rate. I also notice that the battery on my phone drains really quickly when I use the apps.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I now have an Apple Watch , which is also a great fitness tracker, and well as checks your heart rate. Most of the activities that you do can be tracked just by wearing the device, and if you are doing something different than is already on there, you can program in your own activities.
    I have not noticed the battery on my phone going down any faster from having the Apple Watch app and the sleep tracker app on the phone, so maybe it is connecting differently than the Fitbit does.