Flavored Milk

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Dec 30, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know they are highly unhealthy, but I love flavored milk. Growing up, I used to grab strawberry flavored all the time but I rarely went for chocolate flavored ones. I eventually grew out of the habit, though, and have only been reminded of it recently. However, I have still been buying melon and mango flavored milk and I love them so much now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to branch out from the usual flavors. Having reminded myself of strawberry flavored milk, though, I'm now craving for it and will probably try and find one on my next grocery trip. Hopefully it's still around.

What is your favorite flavor of milk if any?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The only flavored milk I drink is chocolate. The good news is it is often on sale at Safeway. You just have to look for the brand, Lucerne. Expect to pay well $4.00 for a big jug.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally forgot about flavored milk because it's been more than a decade since I drank one, lol. I think I last drank that stuff when I was 10 yrs. old, then my parents stopped buying it. Now that you reminded me of it, I'm gonna look for it the next time I go to the supermarket.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate flavor is my favorite while Strawberry flavor is the worst. Strawberry flavored food tastes like cough syrup and I can't stand the tast of cough syrup. I've tried mango flavored milk before but didn't like that it felt too rich.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is how I felt about it too! I just randomly remembered it one day, but I think I recalled it due to seeing it on some food show, and ever since I have had the hankering for strawberry milk. The thing is, I also haven't tasted it past around the same age as you did, so I'm definitely wanting to see if it's as good as I remember it. :)

6. bigboss25

bigboss25New Member

Threads:
    I have never tried the strawberry milk, only the regular and the chocolate flavor.

When it comes to flavored milk, it has a higher sugar content than regular milk, which makes it unhealthy.

I had to really get used to drinking glasses of regular milk because the only milk that I consumed was chocolate milk.

I only tasted regular milk when I ate cereal and I didn't even eat cereal everyday, so for me, that really took some getting used to.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I don't like milk to be flavored. It doesn't sound healthy at all especially if you get to read the label. Always look at those by the way.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    It's been ages that I haven't done it. I do love the chocolate flavour though, and it's a nice way to get your daily calcium.
    However, what you can do is just buy regular milk and mix in the powder used to make hot chocolate. Usually a lot cheaper and you can use the milk itself for other uses too.

9. danderson239

danderson239New Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of mango and melon milk, I may have to try both! I occasionally buy strawberry milk for a treat, and mix it half and half with regular milk to cut the sugar. I really like vanilla flavored almond milk, which is healthy too!

10. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    In my country there's no such thing as flavored milk, there's only natural as far as I know. However I did spend a year in the US as an exchange student and had the option of normal or chocolate milk at school. I often picked chocolate because it was pretty good, but I know natural milk is much better for you. I can't remember if I've tried strawberry milk but I can imagine not really liking it. A while back I watched Jamie Oliver's food revolution where he was strongly advocating getting rid of flavored milk in schools and I think he convinced me to stay away from that stuff. However healthy flavored milk, i.e. milkshakes with real berries, I don't mind at all.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ew, ew, ew. No thanks, lol.

While I do love a good glass of chocolate milk, I don't think the stuff that comes from the jug premixed is very good. It's soooo sweet. I would much rather add chocolate syrup or powdered chocolate into a glass than to have the pre-made kind. The idea of a melon flavored milk sounds really gross to me, though.

12. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    It's also much more natural this way, since you don't get all that artificial stuff in there. If you look at the ingredients of those which you buy from the store, it's full of all kinds of things.

13. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    Well, being young I also enjoyed strawberry milk. That has been my favorite milk, but my mom never let me have too much of it and I wondered why? So yeah That is my favorite of all time. :)