Flavored Peanuts

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jul 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been eating a lot of flavored peanuts lately, but unfortunately, the brand and flavor selection here is lacking as I only could get spicy or barbecue flavored peanuts with the occasional honey roasted ones, which are my favorite, but the only problem is that even the Planter's honey roasted flavor isn't sweet enough for me as I was hoping it would have more of a coating and instead it seems to be only lightly powdered with salt and sugar.

I've also gotten to taste wasabi flavored ones, which was good for a while because it had a unique flavor, but I really wouldn't buy it again since it's not really one of my favorite flavors. That said, I have the opportunity to get some peanuts shipped from overseas soon (U.S.) and I was wondering if there were any other good flavored peanut brands I could check out and have shipped. Hoping to get some suggestions from our members here, thanks in advance!

Alternatively, feel free to also just comment or discuss some of your more unique discoveries or even just traditional favorites when it comes to brands and flavors.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like peanuts that are done in the same fashion as candied pecans. It is less expensive to make. Just plain old roasted peanuts are very good as well. The wasabi peas are also very good. I would like to learn the recipe so that I could try that same method with other types of nuts. IGA's online ordering system are probably one of the cheapest ways to buy nuts besides buying from the farmer and de-shelling them yourself.