Flavored water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by bmarks • Jul 7, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    There are a lot of flavored water type drinks out there including pre-made and the ones that you add to your own water. Do any of you drink flavored water? What brands do you like? What benefits are there or should I avoid them all together?

2. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I drink flavored water. My favorite is the cheap and huge $0.85 ones from Wal-Mart. I forgot the brand.

I know that the artificial flavors aren't good for your body so I tend to stay away from them. They don't leave your body, that can't be good. If I'm wrong just let me know thanks.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I love flavored water. I have been trying to eat healthy and that includes drinks. So I mainly drink water, but there are times when water does not cut it. It isn't always satisfying and sometimes you just want flavoring. I actually do not buy my flavored water, I make my own. I feel like it is healthier and I just think it tastes better.

I occasionally add orange, lemons, and lime, to make a citrus water. Another I put raspberries and lime in one which is really good. I have also made pineapple mint water and blackberry and sage. Experiment and see what you like.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Flavored water, like juices and sodas? If that's what you mean then I like drinking Pepsi and Mug Root Beer. When it comes to juices, then my favorite would be the 4 seasons flavor. But I can drink pretty much any flavor of juice. I would never buy Coke though. Something about it tastes "off" to me.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never touch the stuff. Usually the flavours are artificial, even though it often says on the bottle that the ingredients are all natural. The only question is how natural is something that has been processed in many different ways and then concentrated and enhanced with all kinds of dubious ingredients before it was added to the water?

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to purchase the flavored water WalMart carries when I am there. I also make my own flavored water by adding lemons or oranges to the water. Peppermint water is great, I take a peppermint candy put the mint in some water and drink it.

7. gi_joy

gi_joyNew Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Walmart's "Great Value" flavored water line. I'm not a coffee drinker but sometimes I really need a caffeine boost in the morning. I don't drink coffee because the amount of caffeine in one cup of coffee gives me heart palpitations. Walmart's Great Value Peach Mango Green Tea flavored water packets have enough caffeine that will wake me up and get me going in the morning without any bad side effects. I also love the taste, as it's not too sweet and not too bland. It is also very cheap, usually about $1.99 for a box of 20 flavored packets.

If I'm not feeling the flavored water packets I also love making infused water. It's a great alternative to flavored water for those who want mainly natural ingredients. Adding some lemon and lime slices, cucumbers, mint leaves and strawberries can really make a difference in how your water tastes. It is great if you are looking to lose weight and currently have a lot of water retention.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drank flavored water once and don't think it's something I'll do again. I'm used to the taste of or lack of it in the water I've drank most of my life and adding a little something to it, I wouldn't feel like I've drank water. It's more of a mindset actually and not about the actual taste of flavored water.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't purchase pre made flavored water or the mixes that you can use to make the water flavored. To me flavored waters taste a little off and if they're supposed to taste like fruit it tastes a little fake to me. If I wanna add a little something extra to my water I tend to add cucumber slices, maybe lemon or lime or some mint.

10. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Guys, just take some fruit slices, put it in some water and put it in your fridge for a while. Delicious, healthy and no chemicals! :D
    Some of you, I see, already do that. Good for you!

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really see the appeal of flavored water mostly. I used to drink Vitamin Water but I got tired of it. However, I tried the lemonade Sparkling Ice and that is really good. It is also all natural.
    I also bought the strawberry Crush flavored packet but I only bought it because that particular flavor I've only seen at the Target food court. I have yet to try the packet though but I liked it when I had it at Target.

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Nah, not for me. I don't really like flavored water. I'll just take the water as it is. There's nothing wrong with flavored water. My boyfriend enjoys it. I just have weird taste buds and I'm kind of picky with my food.