Flowers, cards and gifts for no occasion.

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by AugustGreig • Aug 17, 2014.

1. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    I know I don't do it enough or as much as I could, but how often do you guys get someone flowers or a nice card just because? I have found that my girlfriend appreciates it so much more when I come home with flowers and a card just on some random day to show her that I love her. And although it is really a thing of the past, a nice thank you card or note does wonders to show a person how much you actually appreciate them. I never understood why people needed a special occasion to show their loved ones that they care.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this too. Most of the time I usually just bring over food for the relatives and friends and I think they appreciate the surprise gifts. I actually prefer it to waiting for an occasion as well, because I feel like giving presents during special occasions is a bit too robotic to me. I also do bring them gifts on holidays but I think the regular day gifts mean a lot more, at least to me.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I give thank you cards and notes. I also do mail art and decorated envelopes, but it doesn't cost me anything extra because I'm an artist and I can make these things by hand.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I occasionally buy gifts for my nieces when I'm in a good mood. Gifts for kids don't cost much so if I feel like using $20 when I feel somewhat generous, I'll surprise them with a gift.

I have the habit of not buying gifts on special occasions so I suppose this kind of balances it out.

5. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I've never received a gift card for no reason whatsoever. But then again, I've never given one either. If I had a girlfriend, I would definitely try to surprise her with flowers on a random occasion like that. It sounds like a great idea that would surely make her day. And yours, if you are lucky. :)
    You are right, why would people only remember how nice and friendly a person really is only on their birthdays or when they die?

6. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    Yeah, food is a really great gift to. I'm a cook, so I will often cook a big meal and take some to others. I had a good friend who used to live down the street from me, and he and his mother were always so over joyed when I would bring them a nice home cooked meal. I am also an artist, so giving people drawings or paintings always seems to illicit a really special response that a purchased gift just doesn't. The same thing when I walk around the neighborhood in Spring and pick an assortment of flowers for my girlfriend instead of buying some. One morning I got up early, at like 5:00 A.M. to walk around and pick her flowers and then make her breakfast. I served the meal on a tray with the flowers in a little vase, and i served it to her in bed. The look on her face after she ate everything and was fully awake

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I think that gifts that are given on random days are the sweetest. It simply means that the other person is thinking of how to make you happy even without an occasion. I usually give gifts such as food, books, or other interesting items on days when I have extra money. Sometimes I am more forgetful of the special days like birthdays and anniversaries. When I am away, I always find special items or food to bring home as gifts. The smiles on the faces of those who receive random gifts are priceless.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I admit that I don't really do that and I only give gifts when there is an occasion, maybe because I'm not thoughtful enough, lol. But I'm single anyway, so I guess when I get into a relationship I would try to be more thoughtful and give little tokens of appreciation once in a while.