Flying with a first timer

Discussion in Travel started by whnuien • May 10, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever traveled by an airplane with someone who never had an experience flying before? How were they like? Were they scared and worried all the way or did they enjoy their first time experience? I'm planning to take my mother on a plane in a few months time but she has never been on one and she has all this worries and fears especially when she Sees all the news about aircraft accidents and so on.

I'm not sure if I really should because I'd feel guilty if she does not enjoy it. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No. I was the first timer though. I was extremely scared at first but then I don't know what I was so worried about. Even before the plane landed, I was pretty used to it already. My ears didn't even pop. I wouldn't say plane rides are something to enjoy though. It can get incredibly cramped and I know when I was starving, it made me airsick.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have a few times and it's always a unique experience.

One of them ended up taking sleeping pills from her doctor right before because she was so nervous that she wanted to be able to sleep the whole way. She was afraid of having an anxiety attack and just wanted to pass out.

Another was SO excited for the flight and just jabbered on the whole time about the view, even when all we could see were clouds.

And another was nervous, but once we were off the ground, she was a-okay. She was super nervous, but when we were in the air, it was smoother than being in a car and she didn't freak out like we expected. The landing was scary for her, but by then, it was pretty much over, so it didn't even matter.

4. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    yes i had enjoy my first time experience of flying with the family member,s going toward the US and during the flight i enjoyed a lot and i was feel that i stay on my bed such a nice and good experience i have...