Focus Groups And Market Research

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Mar 14, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I recently completed a survey on candy and as a result, the market research company sent me a box of test candies. They then called me and asked me to take part in a focus group in a couple of weeks with a cash incentive. Has anyone taken part in focus groups before, are they worth the time spent doing them?

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    WOW! You hit the jackpot! Back years ago there were a lot more of these great focus group opportunities around. I was chosen for several surveys which were followed up with a free product. Sometimes, like you, I would be given a chance to do a focus group with a cash incentive. Some of these cash amounts were pretty impressive, one was $100.00! I haven't seen any available for years. Congrats to you!

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In London there are many focus groups and yes I have made money cash in hand from just turning up as they need standbys too. I had a contact (agent) that called me up and made sure I fitted the profile. They are good, many are in the evening and I would do them without hesitation, it depends on the location and whether it is near you. In London I was always close by so it was fine, but take into account how much it costs for you to get there.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds fantastic, good on you! I would love to be able to do something like that. It sounds like a fun thing to do, and well if they're paying, even better. I'd be happy to do it as long as it wasn't out of the way, meaning I'd have to spend more than I was getting paid just to get there. Enjoy it :)

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I did a focus group back in December and actually enjoyed it very much. Not only did we discuss a popular brand, everything from taste to price to nutrition, but we also were able to try samples of existing and possible future products. The focus group took 2 hours and we were given a $150 visa gift card at the end. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been doing focus groups on various subjects and products for years, and have always enjoyed them. I did one not too long ago, and then did a product test for the same research company. I used to do in person groups, but now I'm more interested in doing them online, since I don't live as close to the city.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I took a focus group on driving (even though I don't drive) I am waiting for my payment. It said it would take 3-4 weeks for the check though. I don't know how long it has been. If I wait a little longer and I still don't get it I may have to contact them.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I received a small check in the mail yesterday, based on a survey I'd taken last week. It's so I can buy a frozen dinner entree, then fill out a followup online survey. I can always use a free meal, so I'm happy to do it. It's something I would have bought anyway, and I could use one the dinners in my freezer if I had one, as long as it was from one of the companies included in the survey.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have done one of these one time it was like a year ago and i got paid 150 bucks for doing it. I got the product and used it once that part was over i had to login on a portal every day for a week and talk about what i liked disliked etc and than i got paid. I would love to come across one of those again but haven't had much luck.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would to do a Focus Group but have not seen any and do not know where to look for them. I do a few surveys online but have not be given a Focus Group. A few of the surveys I have done have been interesting the reward was a gift card to Amazon or Starbucks, no cash.

11. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I ate my dinner last night, and completed the survey this morning. I hope I get more of these, because I love freebies, and it's great that I'm getting paid for both surveys, and was able to buy a little extra food with the check. I can see that they're upgraded the meals, so I can see why they're doing the product trial, to see how effective the changes have been. I haven't seen any focus groups lately that apply to me, but I've got my eyes open.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    O
    Oh yes, and I love them so!! Focus groups and product testing is some of the easiest money you will ever make. As a matter of fact, I just went in for a group...it was on political opinions, They said they over recruited and let me and a few other go with full payment of 100 dollars. I literally did nothing! Also, I participated in a group a few weeks before that, and made 200 dollars for about 2 hours of "work." Sign up for all of them you can in your city, or nearby city.