Food deliveries

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • May 27, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few years ago there were not as many companies delivering food at your place or at least the prices were too high. There were mostly pizza companies, but now we can order to our place virtually any sort of food. Do you usually order food to be delivered at your place? What sort of food do you ask for?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only recently heard of organic grocery delivery companies. I'm yet to try the service of one of the local companies to see if they are as reliable as they claim to be and if they to be then I'd be willing to get my organic groceries delivered at home. I suppose that's all I could want delivered to my home.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    We have a few companies that allow us to order groceries online and have them delivered for a fee. While I am not likely to use it, living without a vehicle has made me look in to the idea. If I were not capable of walking to cycling to the grocery store, I would consider it for non perishable items. I want to decide which bananas to buy for myself and don't want someone else making that decision for me.

Our local grocery store also has an option for people to go into the store and check out - then, for a fee, they will deliver it to your home. This would be handy for those who have to carry groceries a distance like myself but who want to maintain the control over their purchases.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Virtually every food place that I know of now apart from fish & chip shops deliver. The times they take to deliver can be quite long though so I prefer to simply go there myself. I will sometimes order pizza is it is a very large order, but that is probably only 2-4 times per year.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely order anything other than pizzas to be honest, whenever I want something else I call up to order and pick it up on my way home from work.
    I'm not sure why, I just don't think other kinds of food aren't as suitable for delivery, even though I know this doesn't make much sense since I end up driving home with it anyway :)

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once in a while we will get a pizza delivered if we don't feel like going out but I don't like to have food delivered because it takes way too long to get here. I discovered that some restaurants don't even deliver to here anyway even though they are a company that can deliver. I guess it makes sense for the local Pizza Hut not to because they're so close.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, especially during weekdays when everybody in house the is full of work and study load. Nobody can cook or can go out to buy. So, we just have our foods delivered at our house. This is the most convenient thing for us. We usually order pastas, burgers, pizzas and anything else that can be bought in the fast food. Because they are not healthy, we try to limit our consumption of them. Only that given the circumstances at some time, we have left no better options, but to go for fast food delivery.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Facing so much offer in fact the most I've ordered is pizzas too lol, but I have asked a lot of regular plates as well. One thing that I've never ordered and it's in my infancy imaginary is Chinese food. I've grown to see in the movies American ordering Chinese and coming in those packages, but here in Portugal we don't have that order in Chinese food culture... :)

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I order delivery at least once a week and usually take advantage of a coupon code if there's one out there. I like all of the new sites that allow you to order online, I like being able to place an order, enter my cc info and have it appear at my door. I have ordered all types of food for delivery from pizza, sandwich, sushi, a burrito to steak from a fancy restaurant that delivers. I also order groceries about 1-2 times a month. I do just about all of my shopping at Trader Joe's but I like to order cases of water, paper towels, trash bags and other staples from the grocery store because it is cheaper and they deliver.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only order food to be delivered at my home when I'm craving for something, and I don't feel like going out, usually I order pizza and fast food stuff like burgers and pasta. Come to think of it, that's the only type of food that I order, lol!

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Most of our major fast food chains now offer delivery service in our area, which is great, but the delivery charge is also pretty substantial, especially if you plan on having food delivered from them regularly. It's not that expensive, but I'd personally rather just spend the money on a restaurant with home cooked style food instead since the price pretty much comes out equal to those anyway, specifically when you count in the delivery charge. When it comes to this service, though, I think it's the convenience that you're paying for more for the food since they are very efficient at their service and you can be sure to get your food on time, and on choice lazy days, I will indulge myself, but otherwise, I'd much prefer to just drive out for better quality food.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Money's tight so we rarely order food to our home - we'd rather go out to eat and save the cash we'd pay for the driver. But since we're on the subject, around here, for restaurants without home delivery, you can call a taxi driver and ask him to buy you certain food, then when he delivers the order you pay the food price + his fare.

13. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Has GrubHub Not Reached Your City Yet?

With

, so far), you can order food online. Maybe it's a little 'hoity-toity' of me, but--althouugh they DO show "Oklahoma City" on that list--I live in Warr Acres, a suburb of Oklahoma City; and I didn't see 'Warr Acres' listed, so :harumph: I didn't bother to look-&-see what kinds of foods they deliver :rolleyes: (maybe You can)

Besides the pizza-delivery everybody talks about above, I HAVE seen TV-commercials for JIMMY JOHN'S sandwich-delivery (in which the sandwiches are apparently "on the way" before you even THINK of ordering, they get delivered so-fast!)

14. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Delivering food has never been something I've taken advantage of doing. If I go out, I don't mind going to get it myself. It's not really a saving money thing either, just something I never really think to take advantage of doing.

Getting some groceries delivered sounds like an intriguing option. I don't find the time to go the store every 2 weeks to restock on fruits and veggies, and getting them delivered would be a good way to improve my diet.

15. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I wish I could order just about any food to my doorstep, but where I live this just isn't the case. The only thing we can order here is pizza. If I had the option to choose, I would definitely order some indian food.

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good thing to have that option and to be honest there is not a big difference in the price as well, unless you are ordering gourmet. Pizza deliveries prices have increased a lot in the past years, so I have the feeling that we are paying more for the delivery than for what we are ordering.

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I usually never order food and have it delivered, only because the food joints that I like are just across the street (the pizza store). It doesn't take much effort to walk across the street and buy my food their. Plus, the money that I have to pay for the delivery (plus a tip) I can use toward getting something else, like the dipping sauce.

18. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered groceries from Safeway for delivery. The fees are reasonable, but mainly I go to the store. It's the only way to get the best discounts and save money. Also, sometimes, the people who fill the orders don't do so well when picking fruit.

19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I got a really good deal on Peapod (grocery delivery service). Someone gave me a gift card and that combine with the discount the website gave first timers gave me about fifty dollars of groceries for free. Is it something I would do on a regular basis or even a second time? I doubt it. The prices are reminiscent of Jewel/Albertsons. Which are pretty high for my tastes.

20. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually order food save for the occasional pizza, but when I'm too lazy or tired to cook dinner I just call in my local gourmet restaurant and have them deliver something. But for the most part I don't really order food and most of them are already cold before they can get into my house anyways.