Food pantries

Discussion in Food & Drink started by roy835 • Oct 14, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I dont know about you, but I go to food pantries regularly within my local. I would go more often if I could but I dont drive so it is sometimes a challenge getting on the bus with all that free food. I do not mind going to food pantries. Much of what they give you are high quality stuff and sometimes they give you a lot, chicken, beef, fruits, pastries and much more. I go because I kinda really need to go because I am on a very fixed budget. But it is a really nice way to save on many things I would otherwise have to figure out some other way to get those necessities. I think that some people shy away from food pantries because they may feel somewhat embarrassed about going. But to me, there is no time to be embarrassed in regards to certain things. If you need it and you can get it for free, do that then. Check it out in your area.

2. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    Food pantries are there because people want to help others. If you are indeed in need of extra food, that is what they are there for. No embarrassment should be felt. The people in the food ministry really enjoy what they do and to them it is a blessing to be able to help. The same for the stores and people who donate to pantries.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that the food banks are there to help those that need the help, if it is food or clothes the help is there. Good food is thrown out every day for want of needing someone to give it to. I am happy that there is a food bank that can help you out.