Foods to increase metabolism

Discussion in Food & Drink started by maddie • Oct 14, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise helps increase metabolic rates. But what are the kind of food that help rev up the body's metabolism? Do you have any recommendations.
    Water, green tea, chilly peppers etc., are the ones I am aware of.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Grapefruit is supposed to help loose weight if eaten regularly, in addition to boosting your metabolism, it's supposed to reduce insulin levels. I've also heard that some vegetables such as celery actually have "negative" calories, meaning that it takes your body more calories to digest them than they contain. Broccoli is also supposed to be another good diet food, but I don't recall off the top of my head what it does specifically to assist in loosing weight.

3. marrykerry

marrykerryNew Member

Threads:
    Exercise helps increase metabolic rates, this is right.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have also read that celery, hot sauce, hot peppers, soups, and broccoli help speed metabolism as well. Not sure if its true, since I have personally haven't tried it yet.

5. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    Try cinnamon. I hear and I've also read that its a great addition to your food and drinks for a boost to your metabolism. The rate that it increases your metabolism is about ten fold. If it's true, I don't know, but I trust those facts.

6. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    Chia seeds help with weight loss in a different way. They enlarge to 10 times their size after eaten and keep you hydrated. Both of these things help a person to eat less. Chia seeds are also full of nutrients also and very low in calories. Hope this helps.