Foot Detox

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Blossom • Apr 8, 2014.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard and read mixed reviews about the foot detox. Some have said it's a scam and doesn't work at all, but I've read several reviews where people have had extremely positive results. Has anyone had any positive results and can provide feedback?

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Are you referring to a natural way to foot detox or a product way? By natural way I mean, by using natural things, and by product way, I mean by buying a product that has been manufactured for the purpose required. I have heard about using garlic in socks while you sleep so I will go ahead and try that tonight then come back here and leave my reviews.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I assume you mean the ionic detox you can pay for at a chiropractor or other holistic place that detoxes your entire system?

I've never done it, but I don't think it is a scam. I think about just doing an Epsom salt foot soak, and how much better I've felt after doing that (or taking a bath in Epsom salt). I have no doubt those detoxes are legit, and I bet you get a headache afterward.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone has personal experience with them though, too.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I've never done it, either. I agree with you on the epsom salt foot soak or bath. I suppose everyone feels better after either of those.

Or after a really good foot massage. I love one with Skin Silk vitamin E oil and added peppermint.

Heavenly.:)

I also imagine that the detoxes you're talking about are legit, but would like to know what exactly they can do for a person.And why would they give you a headache?

Though, I do know that giving up caffeine can give people headaches.

5. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have done a foot bath in a detox tub mechanism. It says toxins are pulled from your body and the water gets murky. I found it to be relaxing, and the ailment I suffered from was alleviated. I was doing several things to heal though, so I can not say to what level it affected me.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have done one of these foot detox baths before now and the colour of the water afterwards was horrendous so I think it must have got some nasties out. I didn't really feel any different though afterwards though and there was no change in my skin so I'm not sure how effective it really was.

7. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    Its not something that I've done before, but I've heard and read rave reviews. The best way is to actually get it done but only if the person doing it has the right qualifications. Then you'll know you're getting bang for your buck.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the D word, as in detox. I think they are for the most part just a fad, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I just won't part with my money for that sort of thing. I just wash and clean myself, and that's enough for me. I've heard many stories about how some of these foot detox treatments will even have some type of solution that makes it look as though you've got rid of a lot of toxins blah blah blah. I say do what your heart desires, it's just not for me at all.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of foot spa before, but I haven't really tried it. Is that the same as foot detox? Either way, feet are not internal organs, so I agree with what I have just found online that it is nothing but a scam.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    No Sidney, a foot spa is different to a foot detox. A foot spa is simply where you get your feet pampered and you may get some calluses removed, your feet given a deep cleanse and moisturised, a foot massage etc It's purely cosmetic.
    A foot detox is where they claim to remove all the harmful toxins from your body. Apparently the water usually comes out very dirty as the toxins are flushed out of your system! I personally think it's one of those fads, and just don't buy into it. But hey, each to their own :)

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Than you for the clarification! :) I have never tried to have a foot spa yet, but I hear it from my friends who do it and they have some new nail polish on their feet too after the procedure. Those types of pampering are not really my thing. I think a facial or hair relax is a better option than having a foot spa. ;)

Foot detox just seems absurd. I think it's just a scam to make money out of gullible people. You can't really get all of those toxins out via the feet! They ought to get a colon cleanse instead.

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe Sidney, that's my sentiment exactly! But sadly, like all fads and trends, people always buy into them and actually believe everything they're fed. These foot detox treatments are very popular. I mean, "fair dos", each their own; I'm not going to judge anyone who does it, but it's just not for me. I'd much rather have a foot spa. At least they don't make any wild claims LOL

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read some comments of the people that bought that foot detox device, and what I read was that they said that it was a scam and warned other people not to buy it. Clearly, they did not take time to analyze that you can't detox any toxins by just soaking your feet in some device, haha. They ought to ask for a refund.

14. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's not something I have heard of but it certainly something I would consider. I do a detox of sorts twice a year (I currently in the middle of one now), and like to try out a few different approaches to purification to enhance what I'm doing on the food front. So in the past I've done colonic irrigation, massages etc etc. This could be one for next time.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    If it's your sort of thing and you feel that it works, go for it. I will do stuff like massages and most procedures they offer at a beauty spa, but some things I feel are just fads and just don't appeal to me at all. I'd rather go for a foot spa where I get all the horrible stuff removed, my feet well and truly pampered and massaged....oh, bliss!!

Hehe ExpertAdvise, I very much doubt your wife will want to sleep in the same bed LOL At least you wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on that type of detox :)

#15Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  16. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala My wife and I actually did try putting garlic in our socks in tonight, lol, the following morning I felt really "light", in terms of body weight, I would normally wake up feeling very much the same as I went to bed in the mornings but on that specific time I used the garlic, I felt a noticeable difference in my body after awaking, I would say to everyone. Give it a try!

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    I'm glad it worked for you. I wouldn't mind giving this a try a try because it's not going to break the bank. The only problem is that I can't sleep with socks on, my feet get too hot. I might see if my husband is open to the idea.