For This Who Eat Not Common Foods, Is Couponing Worth It?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dashboardc33 • Apr 7, 2015.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Most of our meals consist of vegetables and fruit and ingredients for meals. I really want to start couponing to save money, but as it is now we don't receive the newspaper. I'd like to get it simply for the coupon section, but I wonder if it's even worth it. I have looked through the section before and it seems like a lot of the coupons are for things I wouldn't buy like frozen microwavable meals, boxed meals and things that are heavily processed. Those that eat organic or even just home cooked meals every night, do you think buying a newspaper for the coupon section is even worth it?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not always, no. I find that the majority of coupons are for pre-packaged boxed foods and I eat very little of these. I much prefer using fresh ingredients to cook from scratch but there's very little coupons on offer for these type of foods. Instead, I keep a close eye on the prices at the various supermarkets near me and visit the store which is offering the cheapest prices on what I want to buy that week.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have found that most of the food I eat does not have coupons offered. The coupons that are offered are for larger sizes than I would use and brands that I do not use. I eat more fruit and vegetables than meat for my meals.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For healthier and more niche food products, you're not always going to be able to find coupons, and that's just how things are. You can still probably get your money's worth for buying the newspaper and using the coupons on it for both food and non-food items, though, so it's not a totally lost cause or waste of money.