Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MoniqueSeibel • Aug 3, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    How do you feel about Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters? I have shopped at both stores, and I find Forever 21 has similar clothing and accessories for much better prices. I found the clothing quality is pretty on par, specially with the price difference. But I do love the styles of both. If anyone shops at either stores, what do you think?

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at both Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. I prefer Forever 21 as well because of their prices and I feel they have a wider variety of clothes and accessories. Also, Forever 21 tends to have more sales even though their prices are reasonable. I do like the styles at Urban Outfitters, but I prefer the prices at Forever 21. Whenever I purchase clothes and accessories I tend to purchase based on the price. Right now Forever 21 has a BOGO sale that ends on August 8, 2012.

3. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    Thanks! I have checked out the BOGO sales. Some pretty tempting deals! But I agree, in general F21 has significantly better sales. Even when Urban Outfitters stuff is on sale it is pretty pricey and usually the appropriate sizes are completely picked over.

4. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    I prefer Urban Outfitters better (although I do like the price of Forever 21). I find Forever 21 uses alot of polyester, and i HATE polyester. quality wise, urban outfitters is slighty better (and in some cases, alot better). So, I would go to Forever 21 for something trendy. However, most of the time I find the cut and fit horrible on me!

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Forever 21 when I was younger, but I may have outgrown them, stylistically. Urban Outfitters never really appealed to me. Urban Outfitters has a new hipster style competetor though called Brooklyn Industries (it's probably local, but they've got stores all over New York), and I've found more interesting things there than at either of the mentioned stores.

6. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I prefer Forever 21. They have a lot of trendy styles, but I love the prices of their basics (tank tops, t-shirts and leggings). The quality is okay- I mean, it's not organic cotton or soft bamboo fabric, but when you have a really small clothes budget, adding a few $3-5 tank tops can go a long way; they're great for every season, whether worn by itself or layered.

I do have leggings made of bamboo that I bought from Winners (the Canadian equivalant to Marshalls) and I prefer them over the itchy polyester blend any day. But I love the colourful leggings that Forever 21 offers, for those outfits that need that pop of colour.

7. miapass

miapassNew Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with the original poster and go with Forever 21. Their prices are so much more reasonable. I believe this store to have a better atmosphere and to be a better shopping experience. At Urban Outfitters the clothes are too pricey and the quality is poor.

8. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    It seems overall people do prefer Forever 21. For the one poster, who stills likes UB, I do have to say I love a lot of their clothing and apartment stuff. However, I just cannot afford to shop there even if I wanted to. I think Forever 21 is the healthier balance. And I love Winners too, but I have noticed Canada now has Marshalls now too. In Ontario anyway. I haven't been yet, but I think I'll have to check it out.

9. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I always thought the quality of Urban Outfitters clothes were much better, but that is just my opinion. I have only bought a few things from each stores. In my mind there is no comparison, but maybe the quality has changed since I last shopped at both stores.

10. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Clothes = Forever 21 because they're more affordable and they hold more sales all year. But I also love Urban Outfitters - especially their accessories that are to-die-for! :D

11. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    In terms of style, I like both. They both always have clothes that fit me well. In terms of price, I'd say it's Forever 21. Because I find that their prices are cheaper, and they have great items even the ones on sale. In terms of durability and quality, I'd say Urban Outfitters. I feel that Fashion 21 now produces clothes with very flimsy materials and poor sewing.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Forever 21. What I love most especially from their items are their Boots!! I love their style and their materials. I make it appoint to collect from their store because they are of great quality as well.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Forever 21. What I love most especially from their items are their Boots!! I love their style and their materials. I make it appoint to collect from their store because they are of great quality as well.

14. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    If Urban Outfitters were less expensive it would be my favorite store, They have very nice jeans and blouses but I would have to go with Forever 21 as my favorite because they have a wide variety of clothing for great prices and the clothing does not look cheap at all.

15. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    Urban Outfitters is more expensive but their clearance sales are great. It's worth waiting until something goes on sale because you can get stuff for the same or cheaper than Forever 21. F21 brick and mortar stores are just terrible. The customer service is questionable and every store is a mess. There is far too much merchandise in there and most of it is not worth a second glance. Since ASOS started selling in the US with free shipping, I see no need to shop at either.