Foundation recommendations

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hogwarts • Nov 5, 2014.

1. hogwarts

hogwartsNew Member

Threads:
    I feel like foundation is the product people are always looking for recommendations about, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can all recommend each other foundations. I have a normal to combination skin type, and my favorite foundation is the Lancome Teint Miracle. On me, I think it gives a beautiful, glowy but not greasy finish. I sometimes have to powder the T-zone but other than that it lasts on me pretty well. It has a light to medium but buildable coverage. However, it is kind of expensive (I think it's about $40 but I'm not sure) so for everyday I like to use the L'Oreal True Match, which is actually a bit more long-lasting and has a bit more coverage. The Lancome gives a more healthy look though, in my opinion. What are your recommendations for good foundations?

2. gsogirl

gsogirlNew Member

Threads:
    My go to foundation before they changed the formulation was Estee Lauder Double wear in Fresco. I am experimenting with several right now. I do like Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte in Cool Vanilla & Cool Beige ( I mix them to get best shade for me) I am getting ready to try Revlon Colormatch creme makeup in nude tomorrow and see how that does. I spent close to $30 or more for years on foundation. I have a friend who is a chemist in the cosmetic industry who claims there are companies out there that constantly are looking at the formulations of very expensive brands and making knock offs but of course they can't advertise that and you just have to read labels. You pay for the heavy marketing that goes into the " brand" as the ingredients are readily available to anyone making cosmetics and duplicates are out there. I have found this to be true with shampoos & conditioners for sure as well as nail polish. Pretty cool to have someone in the industry point this obvious stuff out to me!