Free Audio books for Children

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Konstantina • Apr 14, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! As we all know, it is not always easy to find time to read to your child especially if he has a favorite story and wants to hear it ten times a day. Giving audio books is the perfect solution as the child has fun and is also able to follow the story of the book by listening to the cd. Booksshouldbefree.com offers a good selection of children's book, but there are many other sites where you can find cheap or even free books. Enjoy!

#1Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    This is a cool share! Thank you so much Konstantina. It is amazing the quality of free or even low priced e-books one can get. When one takes the expense of paper printing out of the equation, awesome things happen. I personally love audio and I plan on taking this resource to a Shawco underprivileged preschool that I know of.

I am sure the kids will love it and the volunteer teachers will appreciate it...

Thank you very much. :eek:

3. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Here's a web site that you might like:

They have over 200 audio stories in MP3 format for you to download and enjoy with your family and friends

To download books, just right click on the picture icon to the left of the title and Save Target As...

I often listen to audio books that range from the Classics to Adventure stories - and even Sherlock Holmes! It is quite relaxing! Try it!

4. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    That's great. Hope they enjoy it. :)

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Now that is a super cool one! Thank you. I checked it out now, and I LOVE it. Lots of downloading to do. (-: Very awesome share you kind person...all the best.

6. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    Do you have to have an e-reader for these sites to work? I have a basic Nook, no color and I would love to share it with my daughter, but most of the books available are only for the Nook color. I would love to get her one eventually...

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I think that audio books are the greatest, my little girl loves to get her auto books before going to bed. I recently went to the book store and purchased her a audio book with the pop up and the puppets included in it, I have to say I was really impressed by the author and the book , I'm gonna continue to by these books , I thought I was gonna have to buy her a tablet like mine , but this audio book saved me alot of money .

8. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks everyone for the links, I think audio books with stories for kids are amazing ideas, I have CDs with songs and kids love them so I imagine that stories are even more captivating! I don't understand how they manage to offer this books for free, what do they earn? It's a great share, thanks again!