Free Breakfast Buffets At Hotels

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • May 11, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently just got back from vacation and one of the great ways we got to save was to pay a little extra to add a breakfast buffet coupon to our stay at the hotel. Admittedly, it took away some of the experience of being away, as I would have liked to have tried the breakfast at some of the surrounding restaurants instead, but in felt this was a great compromise on how I'd still get to save while still enjoying myself at vacation. The only problem I have with this tactic is that some hotels might not have that good of a breakfast menu and it's somewhat of a risk to subscribe to it prior to finding out the quality but most of the time if you go with a reputable hotel you should be safe.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Breakfast buffets are my favorite. I usually always have them included, but I may have an early breakfast and then try a nearby place for brunch instead.

I love Hampton Inns as they are free and have a great choice of hot dishes and the usual cereals, muffins, eggs and pastries. That's why I choose them over Hiltons and other hotels in the group.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have had continental breakfasts before and they usually aren't all that great. They're okay and better than nothing, so I try to make sure I go and at least grab a muffin or something.

I'm not a big breakfast eater in general, though, so I'm not the type that's likely to go spend much on breakfast elsewhere anyway.

4. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to either skip breakfast, drink a protein shake, or want something worth the effort. Most breakfast buffet foods don't appeal to me. Even if you do like breakfast and breakfast buffet foods, be sure to check the times the buffet is available. Last time I stayed somewhere with one, the buffet was only open from 8am-10am. That's a narrow window to hit and pretty early if you were out late the night before. By the time my poor boyfriend stumbled out of bed at 9:45, the food was mostly cold or stale and being put away.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find most places will always offer coffee and some pastries. Some even offer a breakfast bag to go which is always available from 6 a.m. I can understand most buffets need to close by 10 a.m., as staff need to do other tasks or in a restaurant they need to get ready for lunch.

I always check the breakfast availability of wherever I go and I do write reviews. I don't mind so much when they are complimentary, but I do feel breakfast is one meal no one can really get wrong.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only reason I add breakfast to my booking is convenience, really. I am usually too lazy to go in search of places that offer breakfast, I reserve that for other meals :) I don't eat much in the morning, so even if the breakfast options aren't brilliant, I wouldn't really notice. As long as I have toast, yogurt, fruit salad or cereal to choose from, as well as coffee and juice, I'm made up :)

7. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Holiday Inns when my children were younger. For a reasonable price we would get a room that slept 4, access to the leisure facilities and a fabulous breakfast buffet. It really was a good value way to go on holiday. There was so much choice with the breakfast buffet that it set us up for the day.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love buffets especially free buffets at hotels! Sure, it would be nice to sample the local cuisine, but if it's free, then I will definitely avail it. I will probably save some money which can go to a more special lunch or dinner. Also, I can eat as much as I need for a full day of adventure. :) It's a win-win!

9. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I love buffets as well, especially when they are free! I'm not a very big eater at breakfast so I rather save my money and eat free at my hotel and then spend a little extra on lunch and dinner, it usually means I get dessert at dinner which to me is worth the free mediocre breakfast :)

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    It's becoming pretty standard now. I work at a hotel and serve the breakfast whic we call "light". Basically there is not one thing we serve that I would eat unless I was truly starving. It's 100% processod food. I've tried it and it sucked all my energy away and made me feel gross.

11. kitsiks

kitsiksNew Member

Threads:
    Generally you want to stay away from hotel buffets. Having worked at a hotel gives you a lot more insight on how those large volumes of food are being made (which includes the handling, the ingredients, etc). It really turned me off from eating at buffets in general. The convenience though for eating at the same place you're staying is still a huge perk for me. So as a tip, I think you'd want to choose the items that are being cooked right in front of you. For bigger hotels, they usually have omelette stations so the chef can make you a fresh one to your liking.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it's a risk that goes with booking a hotel. But I have to hand it to them. If they don't offer this service, it'd be a tad inconsiderate. Whenever I go on a trip, I always make it a point to stay at hostels and hotels that serve free breakfasts. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal if I don't end up liking what they're offering because this never happened before (I've enjoyed a great number of my out-of-town breakfasts so far). I'm rather open-minded when it comes to food. Also, you can always grab lunch and dinner elsewhere, but if you're in a foreign place, there's still going to be that risk of not liking the food - even if it's your choice.

13. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    It seems like almost every hotel I've been to offered free breakfast buffets. Buffets are my absolute favorites! I just love the wide range of food and of course- unlimited bacon! I am such a big fan of buffets and breakfast food so it's heaven to stay in a hotel offering that. I think the best one I've experienced would be in a hotel in Hong Kong. The food was superb and the staff were extra friendly! It was an awesome experience.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our last vacation was in Kuala Lumpur last April. It was a good hotel that we checked in, classy lobby, nice and spacious rooms plus buffet breakfast. We were lucky because we got that voucher for only $100 per night. The hotel has a free shuttle so we need not worry in roaming around. The buffet breakfast has more than 30 standard dishes not counting the pastries and desserts of fruits and also drinks.

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    All members shared really sufficient information, which would be really useful for all tourists as well as it would be for me. Thanks to all for sharing your suggestions and mind thoughts with us.:)

16. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid deals that include food, because you never know what you want to eat when you are traveling. I want my options to be open despite the fact that it might cost a little more. I particularly despite breakfast buffets because their is a time for those and you can't sleep in if you want to grab breakfast as well. I seem to always miss those buffets and it ends up being a waste of money.