Free Calendars

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Theo • Nov 19, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you buy a calendar or look out for a free one? These days people seem to be using them less and using the calendar on their laptop or phone.

My parents like a calendar that flips over so you can go back and see what appointments were made and when. Fewer places are giving them out, but hopefully the pound shops will have a good selection.

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Calendars I would agree do appear to be becoming increasingly difficult to find - in fact so much so where I live - that I haven't been able to find either a free one or one to buy for well over ten years.

There is however a solution - as they are extremely easy to make yourself with the aid of the many templates available online and although we only use a very simple one - as we really only use a calendar as a means of keeping track of national holiday dates in the different countries that we do business with - there are many other options - the majority of which are totally free - that can easily be customized with your own choice of design and even some that can be done using your own photos - the latter of which I think would very probably make a lovely inexpensive but much appreciated gift - especially by older loved ones.

3. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I always have like a mix of calendars and schedules on my little studio area, it really helps me to stay organized and to focus on what is coming next. I tried once to start using Google Calendar, but it wasn't as comfortable for me as the regular paper ones.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I found a place for free calendars with recipes on them from BettyCrocker.com, but it's popular and you got to sign up for their free account and watch for the e-mail for the free calendars. The calendars from BettyCrocker.com is big enough to write in the day blocks for each month. BettyCrocker.com's calendar is once a year and you got to request one via e-mail that they send you. You can go to site and inquire about their yearly free calendars that's so popular that it flies out quickly. Good luck!

5. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I still like old-fashioned calendars, the one you can flip. I have a calendar on my phone for appointments, but I still like the conventional calendars because I want to write a lot of reminders when I am at home.

We don't purchase calendars. My mom gets some from a church where we go every Sundays. Some, she gets from stores where she purchases food. I get mine from a pharmacy near the office. Getting free calendars are what we look forward to at the end of the year.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Every December I still get two free calendars in the mail. My real estate broker who helped us purchase our home sends us one every year. She's been doing this for the past 14 years. Also my investment broker sends me one as well. I like keeping a calendar up in the house. It helps me stay organized with kids sports. The kids also know to look at the calendar so they know what is going on too.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like my calendars, I must have at least two. My church gives out calendars every year and I get one from the local realtor.I like to purchase the larger calendars with the pictures of flowers or sunsets, the weather like winter or summer are nice also. The pictures can make cheap wall art.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At this time of the year, free calenders are hitting not only in the malls but also in the offices. Calendars of all kinds are here, the cardboard type for posting on the wall, the tarpaulin kind which is bigger but lighter, but what I really love are those desk calendars that I use for my work. Not to forget the diary type calendar which can also be used as a note book. We never buy calendars for that reason - they are always free.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My sister buys calendars for a reason; she is a frantic Marilyn Monroe fan, and therefore she may not only buy one but several calendars for the upcoming years, as different photos of her favorite actress they have.

I remember with nostalgia and delight those calendars my mom used to receive when buying from the local stores and farmers market; some merchants still give these for free every year as a kind of tradition.

Besides, many companies hand out free calendars too, as @Corzhens@Corzhens mentions, so no need at all to buy calendars. Even some of these are given when you buy certain products at the mall.

Even though, if none of them satisfy my needs or liking, I usually print my own from free templates available on the web.

10. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I love free calendars! I got one last year at a church when I went to my hometown to visit for the holidays, and I'm hoping they do it again this year! But I also ordered a free one from Betty Crocker since they were doing a promotion giving out free ones. I still haven't received it and hope I do soon considering it's almost 2016!

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    You get free calenders in the mail every year? I think that is pretty cool. I have never gotten anything like that in the mail other than bills and junk. At least a calender is useful. Since my siblings are in school they take home the school calender every year and we keep it in the kitchen and mark all over it. I get my calender for free on my phone.

12. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    Several years ago I donated to the Humane Society of the US something small like $5, and since then I've been on their list and they send me 2 free calendars every year, one in the summer (for the next year) and one closer to the end of the year. They're always 2 different versions of the calendar for the same year. I also get other donation requests throughout the year with maybe address labels or a small notepad, and some years I donate, some I don't, but the calendars keep coming. I look forward to these every year!

I think I will also make a customized photo calendar at Shutterfly.com this year. I've made a few for gifts for others, and I have a free code for one, so I think I will make myself one too.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do both, I need 3 calendars and a planner. My church gives out calendars every year the realtor in my area gives out calendars as her marketing piece also. I purchase my planner that I use to track my scheduled appointments. I have to train myself to use my phone more for these types of things.

14. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    I usually get free calendars from Freebies websites. I do see how less and less people are buying them though. There used be a calendar store at the mall and they went bankrupt. It seem like most of the people that use them now days are in the older side, the younger crowd stick to cell phones or the apps in them, emails, or computers.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a variety of calendars. I use the ones on my phone and on my laptop. Each year, my husband also makes it a point to design some cute ones complete with friends and family members' birthdays and other important dates on there, which we use as a planner. I know you can do all those things on the e-calenders, but I do like to scribble all sorts on there and mark different occasions as and when they take place.