Free e-books!

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by rollybooz • Jun 30, 2012.

1. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Bookdepository has been running this for a while but I'm not sure if you all knew about it so I thought it would be nice to share this especially for all those book lovers out there! BookDepository is offering over 11,000 e-books that you can download and read from famous classic authors such as Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Aristotle and Henry James. If you do not have an eReader, this also works on your computers as PDF files or can also be read from your smartphones! Check out the link below and have fun reading like I do! Cheers!

-

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this site. I'm just wondering if they also offer free medical ebooks because I really need some ebooks that I could not get for free, Anyway I guess I'll just have to check it myself. Thanks! :D

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Nice!! Thank you for sharing, free books are always great. I don't have an eReader, but can use my computer to view and read them.

4. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this about Book Depository! I've always loved how all of their books come with free shipping, but I did not know about all these free e-books! Definitely gonna download a couple of them tonight for some reading!

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Bumping this thread!! Some of these books are selling for over £20 yet we can read them for free on a Computer, Awesome stuff!! Thanks for sharing the site with us.

6. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Hey there! BookDepository does not have any free medical eBooks as far as I know though you can certainly purchase hard copies from them! However, if you're looking for websites offering free medical textbooks in softcopy form, do check out these sites. Hope they help! Cheers!

-

-

-

7. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    It's really nice to see some free books, it's very inconvenient to go about driving to a book store, since most of them are a good distance away from where I live, something rather depressing, but it's nice to see that these kind of offers gives me the push towards reading more.

8. G4rud4f7

G4rud4f7New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this, I actually need some books related to marketing and fitness, hope they have them.

9. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Hey G4rud4f7, I'm afraid I doubt they actually offer eBooks on these topics. The eBooks they are offering are mainly classical titles by classic authors as I've mentioned above so perhaps you could do a little Googling to find those eBooks you need? I'm sure there would be many other free resources out there that would satisfy what you are looking for. I'll let you know if I do find any of these. Cheers!

10. Lloyd

LloydNew Member

Threads:
    Pretty much everybody offers these public domain titles for free. The Gutenburg Project has them for free in a variety of formats. Right now I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. My next ebook read is going to be Wuthering Heights.

A lot of modern authors offer works for free to gain an audience. I always have more than I can read on my Kindle Fire.

11. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking about getting a reader, or pad, or maybe even the new dell duo...I just can't make up my mind. Maybe I won't need one if I can get these on my phone!

Much appreciated!

JenVarsity

12. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Wow thank you for this suggestion! I really love books and I'm actually looking for legit resources for a project of mine, so thank you for sharing this one to all of us. Cheers!

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for sharing this site. I love reading e-books, but hate paying for them. This is awesome. I've already found several books I want to read.

14. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    This is super. Looks like I may never need to buy a book again. great collection :) Thanks for sharing :)

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing! Since Barnes And Noble doesn't offer free shipping, then I'll just buy my hard to find books from Book Depository! It's a good thing that they offer free ebooks, and also free shipping.

16. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for sharing with us this site. This is exactly what I was looking for! I love sites with free e-books.

17. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    You might find ebooks on marketing and fitness available on Amazon. I downloaded a lot of free Kindle books from Amazon a few weeks ago. They have something free in most genres. I managed to get some classic books, some recipe books, some about craft and making things, plus others.

If you don't have a Kindle, then you can download Kindle for PC free of charge from Amazon and read them from your computer.

Happy reading!

18. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this. I've looked as the BookDepository in the past but I didn't notice the free books. I will go and have another look.

As I've said in another post, Amazon is good for free books to download on Kindle or Kindle for PC.

Project Gutenberg also offer free ebooks, including all of the classics. There were over 40,000 on there when I last looked so there is bound to be something for everyone.

19. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never knew about the BookDipository. Thanks for sharing this because I love reading books but they are not high up on my list of priorities when it comes to spending so it's great to have the option of free e-books. I'm definitely going to check this out.

20. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    Some of them which are tremendous at their uses are more like what we need according to a certain way,So i guess bothering them can help us a lot and at the same time we can get to have many other aspects and if we get it for free that is even more good.