Free Entertainment

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Feb 4, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    What are some of the things that you do to entertain yourself that are completely free? I am lucky enough to live by a lake and the beach and so we visit these places often during the warm summer months. There are playgrounds for my kids to play at and we can collect shells and interesting rocks at the beach. These items can be used to make fun crafts with when we get home. What do you do to entertain yourself without spending any money?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Personally I usually just download some mobile games that are free and keep myself entertained that way. Just looking for the right one is already an adventure in itself, and sometimes you can get lucky and find one that can serve as something that can keep you entertained during down times for a very long time. I like the process of discovering these games and apps and I like reading the reviews as well as the video reviews and tutorials for them, so I usually get to spend a lot of time even before I play the game.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like exploring free places nearby as well. You can have some great family fun without spending a bunch of cash. There are some lovely lakes and parks not too far from here. We also like to do picnics and cookouts. I mean, the food you make does cost, but it does not have to cost any extra. You have to eat anyway, right?

In some areas, there are free or cheap events as well. You can check with the Chamber of Commerce or other local organizations.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just download movies and games into my PC. Also there is a mall near where I live, so if I want to be entertained then I will just go window shopping.

5. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    Now a days life becoming digital and most of the times I spend my times in social media sites. So I would say to be entertained I used to pass my time in virtual world most of the times.

6. NikkiR

NikkiRMember

Threads:
    For nice things to do Indoors, there are plenty of fun games available online. Outdoors I would recommend an activity called Geo caching. all you need is a GPS enabled smart phone. people have set up treasure hunts all over the place. use your phone to trek through the woods and find the hidden treasure. Make sure you bring something to replace whatever you find!

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I go to the library. I can get free printouts of things I could print at home. Additionally, my library systems offer free online training so I may entertain myself there if I need a break from the books.

8. NikkiR

NikkiRMember

Threads:
    This is a great Idea. I used to spend hours in my local library. They have a never ending supply of books. Now they also have e-books, audio books, movies, and magazines. They also host various events throughout the year that are quite fun.

9. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    For free entertainment, we can go to the park that we live close to or we will go to the library. One day earlier this month, we were able to go to our local children's museum because it had free admission. The kids had fun for a couple of hours and it was free. Cannot beat that.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like most of you I go to the library too for free entertainment for there are a lot of free magazines to browse through, cds to borrow too. I like to bird watch and just about 2 and a half blocks away by the bus transit station in Kalihi there is Kalihi Stream where blue herons sometimes frequent or saffron finches fly by in our neighborhood too. You are so lucky to have such a picturesque place to live at where you have as your backyard nature's television to enjoy!