Free Item At Kroger

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by egrocket • May 15, 2015.

1. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen a post about this yet, but every Friday Kroger has a free item for grabs. Today it is "Sour Punch Straws." The free item comes out every Friday, and has ranged from things like Tostitos chips to single servings of candy. You load the coupon to your Kroger plus card (which is free by the way) and it can stay on that card for two weeks.

Here is the link to the free Friday coupon.

Enjoy!

2. mylindaelliott

mylindaelliottNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I get those. There is nothing like free. I load it on my card and I just pick up the item on a reqular trip to Krogers. It is a very nice program. Over a years time we have gotten so many free items that my family is excited to find out what it is every week.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to have a Kroger's nearby because I would really enjoy going there and getting a free item every Friday. Like a birthday present every week:).

4. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    The best part is that my Kroger is right down the road from where I live. It is an excellent store, and it always has great customer service. I love the fact that if I can't find something, they are always there to help.

5. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    Ah, thanks for the information. There's a Kroger near one of the grocery stores I commonly shop at. I don't really visit it as I can find the food and beverages cheaper at other stories. But with this in mind, I'll definitely take a look at the Krogers on Fridays to snag a free item. After all, who doesn't like free (nonharmful) stuff.

6. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    Do you have a Kroger Plus card? Food and especially beverages can be found extremely cheap, as they have many sales. I would say keep an eye out for that. If you do not have a Kroger Plus card then you would need to get one for the Friday Freebie anyway.

7. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Kroger card. I don't use it for much more than dog food. It used to be my primary grocery store, but I've had to go with someplace cheaper. I still have my card, though. And even use it on occasion. Thank you for the info! I had no idea

8. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, Kroger can be more expensive at times, but usually they will have sales where they are the cheapest on the market. You just have to go and scout out their sales.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Safeway/Vons does the exact same thing for multiple items on a regular basis. However, their Just 4 You program also gives you items for free that you might be interested in, as they're more targeted to you instead of the random free offers you could receive outside of the program. It's always nice to get something for free either way.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I was definitely unaware of this program. Seems like a pretty great idea. What do you have to do to qualify for the free item? Just sign up for the Kroger value card? I will have to look into this further. We don't have too many Kroger locations in my area, but if I can find one within decent driving distance I'll have to start going there. Around here, it's mainly Ingles, Bi-Lo, and Publix as far as grocery stores go. None of them have a program that includes a free item.

11. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I really like Kroger, I go there often for groceries. The one by me usually has a great selection of meat, and they have really great sales. I like that I can load their store coupons right onto my Kroger card, and I also take advantage of their fuel points. It's nice when I pull up to the pump and get $0.20 discount per gallon!

12. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I load them to my Kroger plus card and enjoy the freebies. Who doesn't like something free. I think it was a great idea of Kroger to do this. I got a pre-made soft taco sandwich once for my husband and he said it was good. I go to Kroger all the time and use their digital coupons. Also once you shop there you eventually get coupons in the mail for the same products that you have been buying. I recently received coupons where you get money off if you spend a certain amount, such as $10 off if you spend $100.