Free Machine Testing Upgrades

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Jul 18, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad has diabetes and has a machine to test his blood sugar level. His current machine is so old that they no longer do the test strips for them, so he decided to buy a new one and to compare prices.

I went online (he doesn't use the internet) to look at prices and found with his model, the manufacturer was offering a free upgrade. I called them and they offered it without having to send back the model and are posting it free of charge. I do think it's always worth checking if companies offer a free upgrade or a discount if you return an old one. That's saved dad over $50 which is what he spent on the first one.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's great that you were able to find that deal! Medical equipment can be so expensive, and insurance companies don't always cover the cost. My Mom doesn't use the internet either, and I'm always looking things up for her. I have a friend with a lot of health issues, and I'm also always doing research for him.

I hope the return shipping on your Dad's old unit isn't that expensive. I think the testers are usually pretty small, but I don't know how old his is. My Sister is constantly buying new ones for her husband, because he's always losing his, or misplacing it, and doesn't have time to look around for it, since his diabetes is an issue.