Free Samples?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've from time to time come across a number of sites which claim that you can get free beauty product samples. Some of the scammy ones ask you to pay $15 or so, before they start sending you your free samples for one year. If the $15 is the shipping fees they don't say.

Anyway, I'm interested in learning a little bit more about how this works because if I can find a site where you can get stuff for men free, that could save me a bit of cash.

Has anyone here actually taken advantage of such offers and got free samples for like a year? Were the products you got great?Any sites you can recommend?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would never pay for them like that, no.

I have gotten plenty of free samples in the past without having to pay for anything. The $15 is probably for shipping, but I could use the same $15 on buying real products at discounted prices instead and know exactly what I'm going to get.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my observation, never ever avail of those "free samples" that ask you for your credit card info or if they ask you to pay for anything for you to have that "free" item. That's an obvious sign that you will be paying for shipping or maybe for the item itself. Some will also automatically subscribe you to their services and deduct money from your Paypal or credit card, so you're better off not paying for anything just to be able to get that freebie.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    In general, when I am looking for samples, I stay away from those that ask for money even for shipping. I mean, the whole purpose of asking for samples is because you want to try products without shelling out a lot of money for them. What I do is I check sites that list free samples every day. If they look legitimate, I sign up for them. If there is a fee involved even if it's just a dollar, I decline.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I have never come across a legit free sample site online except for when kotex offers a free sample on tampons.

I love the samples at stores like Ulta and Sephora but you have to buy x amount of merchandise-- usually $50-- for a minuscule sample :/ My favorite sample system so far is

. It's only $10 a month for 4/5 samples from various brands each month. I've been a member since last Dec (got it as a xmas gift from my BFF) and I've loved it. They send you trial size versions of various products every month and if you like it you get a discount on the regular sized product order.

I've gotten a good deal on an organic facial wash, Benefit blush, and Buxom eyeshadow this way. The prices are cheaper than buying them retail. If you're a makeup lover, give it a try!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't join that if it asks for money since it kind of defeats the purpose of a free sample. I'd much rather just spend that money where I'd be assured that I will get a product and I'd know what product I'd get. I'd maybe consider it if there were enoug good reviews online for it, but any less, then I'd be doubtful.

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Everything I've seen online is a scam. Either they want you to give credit card info for a subscription or they sell your contact info and you never see a single sample. I would do it the old-fashioned way and go to Macy's or whatever department store is in your town and talk to the salesperson about your guy's preferences. They will likely give you samples. Or, try emailing the company's customer service department?

8. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I'm constantly signing up for free sample offers. I google 'freebies' or 'free samples mail' and a long list of sites scroll across the page that hold hundreds of free sample opportunities to snag. I only receive about 40% of the items I request a sample of, but finding them in the mail is always a nice little surprise. It takes a very long time for any sample to arrive so when one does it's a small treat.

9. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have wanted to try free samples too, but everytime I look at sites they want to send links to other sites. I end up getting all types of spam when I do try to sign up for free samples. I would like to find a site that would send you free samples of things without getting flooded with spam,

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think trying out free samples is actually very good for your skin. I get free products, but I do not prefer to use them very much. I only use brands that are worth trying and if I have heard a lot about them. But I do make sure to give it to someone who is interested in those particular brands. I think these products should not go dead waste,. Hence, I give them to as many people as possible.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When something's too good to be true - like free sample for instance - never buy it. Thankfully, I haven't encountered such a spammy offer. I try not to order from dubious sites. Better to go for Ebay or straight to the manufacturer's website. Sites offering free samples are third party resellers. They re-sell items at a higher price so they can profit from them.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh, now that I see Birchbox mentioned, I guess I technically HAVE paid for samples before. Those are monthly boxes that are filled with several sets of samples and sometimes full-sized products, but you also know what you're getting and it's every month.

I do it with LoveWithFood and feel like I get my money's worth:

in_the_box-b422e60ac45a25328049460b9ef1be97.

13. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge skeptic about this kind of deals as well, I'm not sure why.
    If the free samples are given out in person I don't get suspicious as I immediately get the item in my hand, but I avoid giving out my address for them to send stuff, I'm afraid I'll just end up with lots of junk mail.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't ever give in to the ones that are saying that they are going to send you free samples, but before that happens, you have to send them first $15. They must be one the spend out money first before you. So I suggest that if a site is asking a money from you, just ignore them and avoid that site or anything that asks you to bring out some cash before you reap the benefits they claim to be free. It's definitely a scam.

15. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I find that the websites that claim to give you free samples want you to take an endless survey or give up personal information and I rarely ever see the sample and so I quit doing them. If I want product samples I will go directly to the manufacter's website, or like Walmart or Costco.com to request the samples, so that I know there will not be gimmicks involved.

16. Ingrid Cazala

Ingrid CazalaNew Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of birchbox and glossybox and such however firstly I live in Ireland so I don't think I have the option to receive any of these subscription boxes except one Irish version that doesn't have great reviews. However I think it is basically a scam.... a Lot of these boxes claim to have xxx amount worth in the box but then they give you the sample or deluxe sample sizes.

It was something that really interested me and I decided that when a few youtubers that I like to watch were doing ''unboxing'' videos on youtube I used to watch them..... All the comments were 'oh this is a god sample size and the leaflet here tells me that the full size of this product is x amount. However they are ony giving you a little sample.... and half the time they don't like half the products that have been sent to them. I don't know I would rather just purchase what I want or need to try. Honestly half the time the sample size isn't big enough to test it out to see if you want to actually purchase it.

With regards to samples that I get with purchase the majority of time I keep them but never use them because after one use I honestly don't think that I can say if it ''does what it says on the tin''. What stores actually do large or deluxe sample sizes?

17. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I've never paid for a sample or trial size item and never intend to, even for shipping. If they want you to buy their product so bad they should offer the samples. Honestly, a free sample is more likely to make me try or buy a product than an awesome commercial or magazine ad.
    I haven't come across many "free samples websites" that do not either end in a broken link, scam site or a never ending NOSO "survey". If anyone has, I'd love to know! The best way I've found to receive coupons and samples is to directly mail, call or email the company.

18. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I really like going to department stores to buy my makeup because they are usually willing to give you a lot of free samples if your purchase a certain amount of money worth of products. I do not mind because all of my makeup comes from the department store anyway.

I look on the internet quite a bit for free samples, but I go to the actual brand website where all you have to do is enter in your name and address to get the samples. I do not do the sites like Freeflys and others like it because you have to do and endless string of surveys to get your sample, even if you get it at all.

19. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what the deal is with these "free" sample sites. I've looked up some of them and even the ones that came with all these high ratings and great reviews actually were not free at all. You yad to buy some products or services to get the free ones, totally false advertising. I no longer bother looking for freebies online.

20. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think that they did stuff like that because I've never heard of that before. I have always heard about companies sending samples and stuff like that, but not free stuff and then making you pay $15 somewhere else along the way. Especially if you're getting travel sized samples, then they are basically trying to scam you or something it sounds like. So I would just be cautious about that.