Free Software and Apps

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by steph84 • May 12, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi! So I like to download free software that is absolutely spyware free from softpedia and CNET. What are some other sites that people use that have free, legal and virus free software? I get software to keep my PC running nice and fast and I like downloading trials of snazzy photo editing software. I know that you can also get free apps from Amazon. ;)

2. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Although it is not software, I enjoy downloading music videos from YouTube using their special downloader. Then I can add it to my Windows media player and enjoy music while working on the PC. Of course, you might not enjoy listening to Louie Armstrong or Frank Sinatra, but the concept is the same.

The only other suggestion is to look at OpenOffice if you have not done so already. Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Other than cnet and softpedia you can also try to get software in sourceforge.net.
    they're almost the same though as they let users download free software.

Most of the software listed in sourceforge.net are opensource which are created by some communities and give back to the people. You might just want to try those software that has good ratings too.

#3May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Definitely vote for Apache OpenOffice, I use it on my Mac Air and love it .. it's free, it imports a lot of different formats and exports well.
    Somehow, I am happy to buy this expensive Mac Air but do not like to pay for the software ... :)
    Try it and avoid quite a bit of money on Microsoft Office or Apple Pages to mention only a couple
    Do you know other good free softwares ? I am interested !!

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Legal? Just open source software in official websites.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I download my anti virus software at

. They're a safe site.