Free Tablets!!

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by kjonesm1 • Feb 13, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Right now through the weekend T-Mobile is giving away free 7 inch Alcatel Onetouch POPs. They are basically 7 inch tablets that are going free with a minimum 1 gig data plan. They ran this special during black Friday and I had to get two as Christmas gifts. Get them while they last because last time they ran this special, they were sold out in a day.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Properly free? Or free with a purchase or a contact? I haven't got a tablet at the moment and I probably wouldn't get one if I had to pay for it. But this seems like an interesting option for me.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    It's free with the minimum data of $10/month for 24 months, but I wouldn't get a tablet unless it had web on it anyway. A lot of people say they would only use it in the house or on WiFi, which is silly, because tablets are mobile device and meant to be used while on the go.

4. Xenokitten

XenokittenNew Member

Threads:
    Not that silly, I have a (very old) Ipad 2 (before the "Air" redesign). I got the Wifi Only model because I had at the time a phone which allowed me to use it as a hotspot for up to 4 other devices included as part of my monthly cellphone plan. You can't use your tablet while driving, and I don't commute/use public transportation. So unless I'm a passenger on a family road trip or something, I'm not going to miss having the Data plan. Almost every hotel you stay at, restaurant you eat at, or even store you shop at now has wifi connection. I don't see the need, still use and love my old Ipad but would love to upgrade. I also have several "cheap" android tablets and a kindle (most were gifts/sweepstakes winnings) and I still prefer my Ipad2 over all of them. :)

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Free right? lol, why can't the word free really carry it's literal meaning with these companies? when they say something is free, why do they try to find another way to dig the money you have from out your pocket. Poor customers! we can't win for not even a minute! smh. Personally, it's a turn off for me when someone says something is free, but then, add costs to another thing that is material to the original product. It's not cute!

6. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I would question the quality of these tablets also. If they are extremely slow then it is not worth it. The time it takes for something to load renders it no longer free. I recently used my boyfriend's tablet that he hadn't used in awhile, and I can see why he hasn't been on it. It took way too long to process anything. If the free tablets are anything like that then the deal is certainly not worth it.