Free website hosting

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by alucard02 • Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alucard02

alucard02New Member

Threads:

offers Free Cloud Hosting. I host 3 websites there and i have to say that it's better than most of the paid services I used before.

FEATURES
    Disk Space/Storage - 100MB
    Transfer/Bandwidth - Unlimited
    Mail Accounts - Unlimited
    SQL Databases - Unlimited
    Addon Domains - Unlimited
    Parked Domains - Unlimited
    Sub Domains - Unlimited
    FTP Accounts - Unlimited
    cPanel 11.x Hosting Control Panel
    Multi-lingual Control Panel

The control panel also uses Fantastico to install blogs, forums, galleries, etc.

As you can see the only downside to this is the 100MB Disk Space limit. Actually there's another one, they automatically decline sign-ups of users from 40 countries.

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Sounds interesting but I do not like the sound of the 'exclusive choosing' - as a rule, I do not use a company that excludes countries and/individuals. I would rather pay and support something more inclusive. Also...100MB? Anyhow, thank you for sharing as I am sure that many could find it potentially helpful, especially when starting up.

3. alucard02

alucard02New Member

Threads:
    Well considering everything they offer for free, to maintain the quality they can't allow themselves to let hackers/spammers abuse the system. While it is not possible to get risk of the problem completely, restricting the access for a few risk countries probably helps a lot. I compared it with other services offering free hosting, and none of them compare to it in terms of speed, customer support and quality.

The 100MB disk space is indeed limiting, it will be tough to host a website, a blog and a forum for the same domain. Obviously they've put this limit in hopes that the users will upgrade to the premium service. However, it is still perfect for hosting blogs or company websites. If you need to add a lot of pictures/videos there is still the option of hosting them elsewhere and simply embedding them on your website/blog.

4. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of free hosting out there but first free cloud one I've seen. How's the uptime and support?

5. wycked

wyckedNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you!

6. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the share. I'll take a closer look a it.:)

7. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing. I always love the word 'Free'! I will take a look at it as well.

8. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Free web hosting is always a great way for me to test out a couple of my new niches!

Thanks OP! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.