Friggin Fruit Flies!!!

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by spacetimecontinuum • Oct 15, 2014.

1. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Dig the alliteration of that title:rolleyes:

Okay, I'm currently being plagued by Fruit Flies, okay, maybe plagued is a slight exaggeration, there are maybe four or five of them. 3 in my bathroom and two in my bedroom and the thing is, I don't even have any fruit in my apartment and it's October and I'm in New York!!, what gives? Every time I try kill one of the bad-boys they get away from me at warp speed.

They just hover and pester the be-jesus outta me, aren't their lives meant to be short? These have been here a week now and are most un-welcome guests. What do they want from my life???? Maybe they think I'm a giant Apple or peach or something.

2. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    We had trouble with these, too. Then, we made a homemade fly trap. You pour some vinegar in a little bowl. Then, cover the bowl with saran wrap or other cellophane wrap. Next, poke holes in the cellophane with a fork. Then, step back and laugh as the fruit flies meet their doom. They can fly in but can't figure out how to get out.

3. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Thank you for this tip, if it gets any worse I will give this method a try and definitely report back.

I hate that there are so many things which we have to coexist with on this planet, I get that some critters are essential, like bumble bees, but do we really need fruit flies and wasps?, what part do they play in our ecosystem, other than to annoy the pants off of me.