Frizzy Hair

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 18, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Help!

My hair is very frizzy. I tried using hair serums, conditioners, leave-on conditioners, and various other hair treatment formulas to no avail. The last one that I used no longer makes my hair manageable. Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate it if you can post links, too. :)

Thank you so much, guys!

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My hair is pretty manageable right now, but it was really frizzy when I was younger. What are used to do is use anti-frizz products. I know it's hard because not all of them work, in fact, very few of them actually do the trick. However my suggestion is to try several different ones until you find one that is good for your hair. Keeping your hair hydrated is also very Important.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could give you positive advice, but instead I have a warning to pass. My friend Denise, too, fights the plague that is frizzy hair. In an attempt to tear it down and have straight, manageable hair she undertook a three hundred dollar treatment. The treatment was supposed to tackle her curly, frizzy hair and keep it straight and free of tight, buggy girls for three to six months. She had a few rules to follow- one being to not get her hair wet for 24-30 hours after the treatment. No shower, no rain, no sprinkles- anything. She was very, very cautious for thirty hours. She was desperate for straight, manageable hair. However... a week after the treatment her hair popped back into tight, frizzy curls. A waste of three hundred dollars she couldn't get back. So please, please don't try any such treatment. I'm sure it's worked in the past for some people, but it's not a risk worth three hundred good dollars that could be spent on simple hair products to attack and destroy frizzy hair. Good luck on your painstaking journey.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    This, unfortunately there is no one magic solution. My hair gets crazy frizzy from time to time, too. You just have to find what works for you.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have had curly and frizzy hair every since I was young. I have tried every type of product that you can buy in stores but nothing worked. When I wash my hair and let it air dry or blow dry it, it looks like I have an alfo. Just horrible. The only way that I manage my hair is by wrapping in after I wash it or I use a flat iron.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Frizzy hair has always been my problem since my high school days and nothing seems to work anymore. I've tried a lot (if not all) of anti-frizz products in the market before but the only thing that remedied it (temporarily) was to have my hair rebonded. A few years back I made it a point to go through this treatment once a year for 3 years. Now my hair is thinning and I really regret it so don't ever go through this treatment. It's better to have thick frizzy hair than a straight thinning crown.

My hair is still frizzy since I stopped having it treated and now when I want a temporary solution I just use the hair flat iron. Right now I'm looking to buy a cold flat iron or the one that emits infra red. It's supposed to treat/repair and at the same time straighten hair. For now I think it's the best temporary solution. :)

1.200x200.

7. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I totally understand you issue! I live in Florida where the humidity is like 1000% all of the time. I straighten my hair in the morning and an hour after i leave the house my hair is a mess! It's actually embarrassing!! I have found a product I love though. It's rather inexpensive but it works great and is not heavy in my hair at all. It's called Garnier Fructise sleek and shine - intensely smooth leave in conditioner.
    Works great for me hope it works for you too !

Danyel :)

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have "thick" hair which is manageable as long as it doesn't get past the shoulders, but not frizzy hair. But I think you might want to try out these home remedies and see if one of these will work for you:

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't laugh, but children's de-tangler spray can be helpful. It's mostly water with a little bit of conditioner in it. It's like using a very light version of leave-in conditioner. There are some inexpensive brands at dollar stores or discount stores if you want to try it out. It's light enough to use more than once per day, unlike some hair products, and it smells good too.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My hair gets very frizzy humid weather. I use argan oil to keep it smooth and moist. It works quite well if you don't mind slightly oily hair. I also use pure coconut oil to tame my hair. Commercial products tend to make my hair even more frizzy, and I worry that I am actually increasing the damage with those chemical products that claim to be "natural". Another favourite of mine is apple cider vinegar. I rinse my hair with it every time I wash my hair.

11. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I experience living with frizzy hair. It's a common dilemma for us living in humid regions. The most low-maintenance solution that worked for me is to have my hair permed or chemically straightened. Weekly deep conditioning hair treatment is a must. Before going out, I have to apply a silicone-based hair serum to prevent flyaways. Sometimes, curling hair also works. An anti-frizz spray by L'oreal or Pantene works for my hair just fine.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Here is what I do to manage my frizzy hair:

1. I wash my hair during the night and dry my hair halfway before sleeping. When I wake up, I get wavy, frizz free hair!

2. I use non-sulfate shampoo and conditioner. These do not make my hair frizzy and dry!

3. I only comb my hair when wet and just once. I find that always brushing it just makes it more frizzy.

Hope this helps!

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing I ever did for the frizzies was stop dying my hair. I thought it was just my hair type, but I guess it wasn't. My hair is beautiful now. I know that's not the case for everyone, we all have actual hair types, just throwing that out there. Aside from that, the only thing that worked for me was heat (flat iron.. worked like a charm and lasted forever, but I didn't always want stick straight hair, as much as I liked it) and braiding or twisting (or whatever) my hair after washing and towel drying it. Anything that holds your hair in place after washing will usually take the frizzies away.. so rollers, buns, braids, twists etc. Also leaving in whatever you use to condition for much longer. I used to do an hour with either conditioner or apple cider vinegar. Makes hair amazingly soft.

14. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I so know exactly what you mean - as I used to have that problem too - until I started using Argan Oil around 2 years ago.

Which if you haven't tried it yet - I would highly recommend checking out and by Argan Oil - I don't mean the hair products that contain it - but 100% pure Argan Oil - which apart from the fact - that buying the pure oil works out far less expensive than buying the products which only contain a small amount of it - it actually works way better too

In fact I doubt very much that you would be disappointed if you did try it - as not only is Argan Oil one of the most impressive hair and beauty products that I've ever used - but the results are seriously amazing - especially as Argan Oil is capable of making your hair look like this

very, very easily and in next to no time too - as you can achieve that smooth shiny look in just a few minutes.

So just in case you haven't heard of it before or are interested in giving it a try and would like to know all the other amazing hair benefits that using Argan Oil has to offer - here is a link to an excellent site

that not only gives accurate and detailed information on just what Argan Oil can do for your hair - but how to use it too.