Frozen Korean Vegetable Dumplings

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Aug 27, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If anyone here is looking for a healthier instant meal that isn't too expensive, then look no further. I used to get these Korean dumplings all the time and they taste great and are very easy to prepare. I honestly don't even notice that the filling is made of purely vegetable so I'd recommend it even for those who aren't vegetable fans. I'm guessing it's because they have mushrooms in it which may make for a good meat substitute, but I honestly don't feel like it's that much of a sacrifice at all. The best thing about it is that it's cheap and easily prepared. You could steam or boil them or even fry them and the taste is good with any method. Also one bag costs only about 5$ or a bit more the last time I bought it and that includes dumplings enough for many meals. I've forgotten how many there is in each bag because it's been a long time since I've bought one but I remember calculating it before and I was really impressed at how many meals I got out of just one bag at that price. I've forgotten the exact brand because it's in Korean but I'm sure any variation of it would be just as good, so check it out if you have a good Korean store near you.

If anyone has any similar alternate recommendations or has an opinion on this product the. Please let us know about it here.

20110107ba_1359549161616_eng.

#1Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    This looks really good. I could always use some variety in my diet, my only question is how much sodium is in it? Alot of instant foods will have a high amount of salt and Asian food is notorious for having MSG that preservative that's suppose to not be good for you. What's the salt content and is there any MSG? If its MSG free and low sodium, then I'd for sure try it.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to ask the same questions. I can't have any foods with MSG. They hurt my system and give me a headache. They sound tasty, but I know I probably could not eat those.

4. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Ooh, those look good. I'll have to make a trip to the Asian grocery store next week. I usually buy my Asian food at a small Japanese store around the corner, but they don't have anything from the rest of Asia. Are they spicy? I know Korean food tends to be heavy on the red pepper and sometimes it can be a bit too much for me.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never checked the packaging for nutritional information, but I'd guess there's probably some msg in it, though like I said I've never checked so I could be wrong. It's not really all that salty though and you could just try and eat it less frequently than I do you find it's a bit unhealthy, though I actually doubt it since it is vegetable dumplings after all. Just try looking up online whatever brand it is you come across in your stores.
    Not at all. I kind of dislike spicy food too, and this one is actually just straight up vegetable dumplings with little flavoring. I just dip it in soy sauce after steaming or frying because it's a bit plain on it's own, but still good.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That was my thought as well, looks tasty but I hate how much MSG and other junk gets put into things these days :(. Assuming the nutritional profile isn't terrible on those fronts I'd be happy to try, though you could probably make your own as well and then you'd know for sure what will or will not be going in it ;).

7. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    These look decent! Great for a quick fix when you are hankering for some gyoza. Much faster than making your own, and probably much cheaper too.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my, where did you buy that? I so want to buy a box of korean vegetable dumplings but no one's selling instant packs here in my country except for Korean restaurants. And I find it really ironic considering I'm Asian too and from a country that loves K-pop and K-drama. Not to mention many Koreans come to our place to learn English.

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I want these right now, lol! Sadly , I couldn't begin to figure out how to Google the nutritional information. Is there a summary in English on the package? I'm vegetarian so I want to make sure I buy the vegetable kind. Did you dip them in a certain sauce?