Fruit facials at home

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Nov 29, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    4-Skin-care-with-fruits-and-vegetables.

Cleanse the face with a cleanser. Use a scrub and scrub your face for 2 minutes and apply a fruit face pack. You can have a fruit facial at home. This would only take about half an hour.

You could mash a half a cup of papaya add a teaspoon of cosmetic clay to it to thicken the mixture and apply it on your face. Leave it for 20 minutes. The enzymes in the papaya remove dead skin and leave your face bright and glowing.

You could grate an Apple and use it with honey and cosmetic clay to make your skin look fresh and young.

Orange juice and gelatin ( sugar free and free of flavors) could form a great rejuvenating mask for your skin. This also prevents wrinkles.

Avocado mashed and mixed with honey makes a great moisturizing face mask.

Banana and honey also make a good moisturizing face pack.

Do you use any other fruits.. I know that almost all fruits could be used as face packs. Tell us ..

#1Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of a fruit mask or scrub before but this is interesting. I wonder if the orange juice and gelatin should be mixed together with a sugar free gelatin since sugar actually ages the body and skin? Thanks for the post. I'll have to experiment.:D

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Oops I forgot to mention, that you need to use a sugar free and flavor free gelatin if you can get it. This makes a nice mask. Use fresh fruit juice or pulp.
    Let me know how it goes. Thanks for the response.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    These are great ideas Maddie! I haven't tried any homemade skin and hair treatments in so long of a time that I can't remember what I did, lol! These days I am reluctant to give up any of my favorite foods to create a treatment. Avocados are pretty expensive at the store and I love eating them too much to sacrifice even one slice, lol. I will have to look into the things that are in abundant supply (like when my mother has too much of something she has grown).

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of using lemon juice but I never would have thought to use orange juice. They have similar properties, don't they? They're both acidic, and I think they have the same vitamin content... I wonder then if using lemon juice with sugar free gelatin would work as well, since lemon juice is generally cheaper than orange juice?

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    classicnyer, That is true. Lemon and orange are similar, but lemon is strong and could irritate sensitive skin. Orange is less acidic and does not irritate the skin as much. However, if you are used to lemon that should be okay. It could even bleach your skin mildly.

7. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes make a mask with banana and honey. I love the idea of using more natural and homemade facial products.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    A banana honey mask is a great moisturizer. I do that often because I have a dry skin.

Has anyone tried an yeast mask to plump up the skin?
    Combine two table spoons yeast powder, egg yolk and almond oil or wheat germ oil and water . apply on your face, leave it for ten minutes and wash with lukewarm water..
    It help make your face look younger and your skin glow with health.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This idea of fruit masks is very interesting to me, however I do not regularly use such things. I have always found the whole business kind of messy. I would rather eat my fruit than wear it:D.
    I use an apricot scrub from the store, it makes my face feel nice and smooth after use. Not for daily use though, at least not on my skin. For daily use, I use Ponds cold cream. I love that stuff. My mom taught me to use it. One of the best things in my skin care regimen.

I might use some of the ideas that are listed here. Some of them sound like they will be delicious for the skin, they really do.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    They are messy alright but.. the effect is really good. I love the papaya mask on my face.. it kind of brightens it up in a few minutes.. I don't like chemicals too much .. I'd rather use fruits on my face than chemicals for which I have to pay through my nose. They don't harm your skin in anyway, that is the best part about using fruits and veggies on your skin.

11. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    The papaya mask? Okay, I might just give it a try. I recently discovered papaya as a fruit that I like to eat. I also tried to grow some papaya from the umpteen seeds that I found on the inside of it, but I really was not tending the seeds and more importantly did not put them into great soil. The seeds germinated and sprouted up through the dirt really quickly, but I let them die out...the pot was too small, the dirt was filthy and I did not want to grow them in it...but I digress.

Like I said, I will give the papaya mask a try. You are right, and I know that fruits and vegetables don't harm the skin (unless one is allergic to a certain fruit or vegetable), I just have to get into the habit of making masks with my fruit instead of eating it. Hard to do for a fruit junkie like me:) Half-way through the making of the papaya mask I might find myself making a smoothie, lol.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I was just reading about using banana peel in the garden and came across a link that suggested using banana with honey as well as with avocado. There is also a section for using banana for the hair. It just so happens we have an abundance of ripe bananas right now. I put some in the freezer, but I still have three sitting out, and I don't like eating them when they get too soft. I wonder if I can thaw a frozen one to use for my hair. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

13. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of using banana on your hair. I might try it sometime..Let me know how you feel about this hair treatment if you do it sooner.. I don't like messy hair.. this may really put me off. I use banana with honey on a regular basis for my skin.

14. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    this seems nice to try my sister is always asking me to do facials on her will have to try this one out.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, I was thinking about this just today. I think I would want to add a bit of olive oil to the banana just to be sure I had a good consistency, but I am thinking of trying it this week. I just have to slow down and do it, I guess.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Let me know how this goes. I wish I was not so queasy about putting mashed banana on my hair...Maybe I will draw some courage from your experiment... I love my hair and would like to give it some shine... :)

17. naturalskincarer

naturalskincarerNew Member

Threads:
    Its a Natural Homemade Fruit Face mask.

Oily skin (or problem skin) tomato mask
    1 ripe tomato pureed
    1/2 cup whipped cream, coconut cream, banana or avocado
    Squeeze of lemon juice, grapefruit juice or apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp crushed parsley (optional)
    Crush these ingredients together well and apply to skin with fingertips. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off.

18. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds good to me.. I will give it a try .. I love tomatoes as it closes pores and makes them look smaller. Avocado is one of my favorite ingredients for a face mask or fruit facial. Thanks for the recipe.