Frustrated With Getting Major Credit Card

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Ke Gordon • Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My credit is not the best, but I checked it last night on credit Karma..and it had gone up like 20-50 points since the last time I had looked, so I applied for a card..naturally, I was encouraged to apply to Capital One but since so many people seem to hate them, I did not apply there. I applied for Barclay's card.,,,and I am sure I was turned down... as they say they will notify me in 7-10 days which is code for...you didn't qualify for the card. Anyone know of any decent fair credit cards.,. that are not particular on who they accept?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am in the same boat as far as credit is concerned and have found that the online credit monitoring sites are not worth the time it takes you to log into them. My credit score is usually higher when I pull it straight from the Bureau. I think the best thing you can do with a low credit score is to get a secured card that you pay for up front. You deposit money into your account and then you get that as your credit limit. You may have to start out with a small amount, but you can build that available amount over time. You will be establishing a good credit history when you pay the balance each month and are essentially paying yourself back.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know what's available where, but i've heard pretty good things about Egg credit card. I remember considering applying for it at one point because I was pretty content with my Capital One, but I never actually did. It was very popular in the UK at one point because you could transfer your debt to it and not pay interest for 12 months. I think they also do fixed interest rates, and cash back in stores....although most cards do seem to do this these days, even debits. I imagine you'd need a fantastic credit rating to get approved, but I'm not entirely sure of the specifics. I think it's well worth checking out, though :)

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, Rosy rain..I don';t see the point in doing that. I am very well acquainted with secured cards. It is like lending yourself money. I don't think so. I will continue to pay off small purchases, and see if I can improve my rating enough to get a decent credit card. A secured card is more for someone with terrible credit or who has just undergone a bankruptcy. I don't think I need that at this point..although the perks are it could help you achieve better credit faster.

Thanks Lushala. I really don't think that is available in the US. I have never heard of it actually. Captial One sends me letters every week, soliciting me as a customer but other people seem to hate them so..I am very reluctant to go there or apply for that card.

#4Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016