Frustrated With Payment

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ke Gordon • Apr 16, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean, whenever I get paid by this one writing site, I am always wondering when I am going to get the money. I think they sent the money to Paypal, but paydate was yesterday, and I am still sitting here with no money. Sometimes I don't really care when I get it, because it is not that much money but this is almost 30 dollars. Please tell me what is the hold up? THis is all done electronically...so why can't it be done right away? I want my money!

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can definitely understand needing the money and wanting to be paid for your effort and work. Is it a site that others here participate on? Have you received money from them before? If they're outside of the United States (I believe you live in the US), and it's in a foreign currency, you might need to go in and adjust your settings. I had that issue before when receiving payment from a UK company, but once I changed the setting, all subsequent transfers went directly into my balance.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been paid by them before. It is Zerys the writing site. I am not sure what you mean about adjusting my settings. This should be a straight PayPal transfer. Everyone else on there is still waiting for payment too. I mean some sites have no problem getting the payment out, and this one, Zerys is sometimes right on the money...I just don't get what the delayi s all about? Naturally, this is a decent size payment for me...sigh! I think they don't make enough efforts to ensure writers are paid on time.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have dealt with this in the past. You feel hopeless because you can't really complain to anyone above the situation. I wish there was a way to complain about people who hold your money hostage online like we can with every day situations.