Fun travel or not?

Discussion in Travel started by DealHunter1 • Mar 11, 2014.

1. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    Do you believe that you can travel and save without sucking all of the fun out of your vacations? A big part of enjoying myself on vacations is not having to worry about watching funds. I always put money to the side and save so that I don't have to think about it, but even when I use the money I have for it I still feel a bit guilty for not trying to make more out of the money. What are the best ways to save without feeling like you're missing out? :confused:

LOVE & DEALS,
    DH:cool:

2. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Good topic. I think that a great idea is to not spend so much money on food. Usually, when someone decides to go on a trip, food is not one of the top priorities but nevertheless, it always ends up being one of the biggest costs. So if you aren't a big food enthusiast I suggest spending more money on experiences (i.e. going to the beach, walking around the city) and less on food/drinks. But it all depends on the individual.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    The best advice that I can give you is to plan beforehand.

It's as simple as that. Do research on the place you're traveling to (I know there's a lot of travel blogs on the internet), find out what's a famous landmark, and also find out the best souvenirs that you can get from that certain area. Make a list of what you will buy.

When you go there, obviously you might be tempted to buy more things as you travel along, so set aside money for those 'must-buy' products. Budget is a powerful word that you should promise that you should do when you travel out. Spend only on things that you know will bring you happiness.

I suggest spending more money on experience (island hopping fees, bungee jumping activities, etc) rather than products (expensive restaurants, expensive hotel room, etc.).

Good luck and have fun!

4. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    I guess transportation is the mean through which you can save money. Don't take taxi beacuse it is expensive. Use local buses so thay you can reach at your destination by spending less money.

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    DealHunter1! I think starfox64 is absolutely right we should not spend too much on food. According to me we can save money in all the aspects of life. We should do more care about it. I am not good in money saving but I have many plans. I always try my best to spend on just necessary things not on unlimited shopping and extra eating.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a really good question. In my own case, I just put some money aside. Those funds are solely for the purpose of being spent on food, accommodation and entertainment during my vacation. Once I have set a limit, I just use that money without worrying too much. I only monitor how much I am using per day, so that it will last for the entire duration of my holiday. I don't like to plan too much ahead. I simply spend money on sporadic trips or sudden fancies, as I go along.