Funny stories about when you were travelling

Discussion in Travel started by Jrh2 • Mar 3, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have anything funny that has happened whilst they were on holiday?

When I went away once we were in the hotel room when with my mum and anty when we decided we should go down to reception to book a taxi to take us to the show we were seeing that evening. We went to leave the room but realised we couldn't get out because the door was stuck. We struggled for ages to open the door but it wouldn't budge so we thought we would have to phone the reception from our room. We went over to the hotel phone but despite best efforts could not get it to work so we had to use one of our mobiles. We looked everywhere to find the hotel number and couldn't see it anywhere but we did find a phone book. The problem now, was that we had been in so many different hotels in the past few years we couldn't remember where we were staying and had to phone home to ask family what it said on the paperwork. Eventually we found the number and phoned up to tell them what happened but we could not stop laughing, it took us a very long time to persuade them we were not prank calling and were actually stuck. We found it hilarious that whatever way we tried to solve the problem, something went wrong. Funnily enough, the next hotel we stayed at had a fire door in the bathroom. No chance of getting stuck in there then.

2. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    The one experience that I will always remember goes back to 2008 when we traveled to Latvia for a training. We were two girls traveling alone and we ended up in a hostel in Riga. After spending some time looking for the place we found ourselves at the top floor of an old building, a hostel with rooms named after European cities. The hostel was empty though and there were two guys at the reception desk. After some small chat, they wanted to know what our business in Latvia was and when they found out where we were going, they wanted to scare us a bit so they've asked us whether we're sure about the organizers, the training and all and they told us that the region to which we were headed is very close to the Russian border. When they realized we were pretty scared, one of them went into the back room and came back with a gun in his hand. He said: "See, this is something that might happen to you in Latvia!" By the time he decided to tell us that they were just joking, we were terrified and afraid to trust our own shadows.

3. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    I never faced such situations which you people tell. but little incidents happens which are not funny. Once i fell from a hill and was seriously injured, so that was not funny for me actually.