Game Discounts

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Quaestor • Mar 19, 2014.

1. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    Does anyone know of any credible websites or services that sell discounted or have regular game sales?

Currently, I use Steam (for the sales),

and

and I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else similar.

I know there are a few websites that will sell you discounted serial keys, but I find that I don't really trust them because I think they're technically breaking a trade agreement - plus you don't really have any guarantee with some of them being in countries outside your jurisdiction to claim back.

Any suggestions?

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes use G2Play.net but like you said, they might be breaking some agreement... I have bought about 4-5 keys from them and never had any trouble.
    Other than that, you can also check out GreenManGaming.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are enough game sites with sales to not have to resort to weird serial key websites. There is Amazon of course but they don't have as many sales as Steam or Green Man Gaming. Gamefly has good deals sometimes but I've never bought from their digital store. Gamestop has a digital store with sales sometimes but they require to download their annoying software and you don't even get the games instantly. Green Man Gaming and Steam are the best I think and Amazon when they have their special sales.

4. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    Cool, thanks for the recommendations.

I vaguely knew about Amazon but wasn't aware of Green Man Gaming, I'll have to check it out.
    Another one I forgot to mention was EA's Origin, but I'm not sure how often the have sales (if they have them at all), I rarely use it because it's pretty buggy compared to Steam (even though that was pretty buggy itself when it first started).

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's one site I've heard of but never used which you can use any time to find out if any gaming site is offering deals on games.

BTW, some of those shady game-sellers offering questionable deals on serial codes could be selling cracked versions of the games along with their own special codes to make you believe they're legit - - double theft.

6. Supernova792

Supernova792New Member

Threads:
    G2A Is pretty good!

#6Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  7. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    There is a website that sells you discounted serial keys, but it is completely legit and legal. I have bought from them over 20 times and the games are still working till this day. Check it out in this

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There was a site a fellow DPF member recommended here a while ago called g2a and while I haven't tried it out I'm now planning to because the member mentioned it was legit so I'm more comfortable in giving it a try. I'll maybe start out with one cheap purchase, but all in all the site does seen legit and I'm sure if I do enough research I could eventually confirm it.

9. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    I just mentioned it right above your post, I am 100% sure that it sells legit and working keys. :)
    Although the method of them getting the keys are not traditional, they always give working keys and will refund you if it doesn't.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't recommend it. They are a grey market website for a reason. A ton of their keys is stolen, purchased with stolen credit cards or resold promotional keys. Basically, it means that even if you luck out and get a working key (by the way, read your Steam ToS, they can absolutely ban you for buying g2a keys), you won't be supporting the developers anyway, you'll only be giving easy money to criminals and/or scumbags, so there's really no reason to spend the money.

11. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    Hmm, are you sure? I have bought many keys from them and all of them work to this day. I don't know much about others, but I trust them. I have heard that you cannot get banned by Steam from users in steamcommunity.com though.

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just because they work doesn't mean they are legit. I mean, there's no way to deactivate keys if your physical game gets stolen. Same with review copies, you can't just deactivate those. If you do some reading, you will see how the market operates. There's more than one reason that all the keys originate from places that have lax cybercrime laws.
    And Steam can absolutely ban you, read their ToS. They just don't feel like making people angry yet.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was thinking why they were able to make the prices so low, and I guess it's just too good to be true. I normally would wait for proof before drawing a conclusion but honestly I am leaning towards believing this because it seems like the most likely explanation considering I haven't seen them provide any of their own that would explain how they are able to give us these types of prices.

14. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's plenty.

etc.