Game shows

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Jun 30, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In a time when we are always trying to save some money, what about making some extra money? There are lots of game shows on TV that offer good prizes and I am considering trying some of them. Do you usually try to access those shows or is it something you would not consider? I think they are great opportunities!

2. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I would love to do this, but being in the middle of Canada doesn't really give me the chance. Nothing even a little bit close.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Just yesterday I started to browse the sites of the TV channels with these game shows and I will try to apply to them, who knows I might get lucky and get my chance in? I would love to be a part of Total Wipeout or Fear Factor, they give really cool prizes and the stuff seem really neat, except the part of eating disgusting things... If we don't try we will never make it. :)

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    There are lot's of game shows that give terrific prizes, the hard part of course is getting into them in the first place.
    Depending on whether you are trying to have some fun along the way or are just purely interested in the money, you might try checking out The Price is Right or Deal or no Deal, but of course that depends on your country.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, I'll have to agree with that. I think that the hardest part would be to get in, but there's a previous stage, to realize what we need to do to get in, where do we sign in and so on. I am guessing that if I get some sort of routine signing in daily in all those shows, sooner or later I'll be called and I will start cashing in, so I am in preparation mode, good things are about to start happening... :)

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting thought. There is a show here late at night where they ask general knowledge questions, and people who know the answer can call up and apparently instantly win a thousand dollars. I went through a stage when I suffered from insomnia, and during those weeks I watched the show a lot, answering most of the questions correctly in my mind. Finally I got the courage to try my luck with calling up, but I could never get through. When I received my next phone bill, I got a big surprise. Those twelve calls I had made came at a very high cost.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of game shows. My family and I tried out for Family Feud once. My best friend loves games shows and trying to get me to go on one with her. I am not interested.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It hasn't crossed my mind to join game shows because I'm quite "camera shy", but I have joined those games on tv where you text when they tell you to, and if you're lucky, then you might get picked to win a prize.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Who cares about camera shy sidney if you can win let's say $50.000 or more? It's a life opportunity if we have the luck to be called in, so even if I am shy I would not care to look dumb or whatever, I would go in for the prize and I would bring it home if I was lucky enough, how many years would I have to work to collect such an amount?

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I wonder about hidden costs on some of these, though.

For example, some of those reality style shows would mean taking off work for an extended amount of time...being away from family (and therefore, needing childcare, etc, for many people), travel costs to get to and from the locations, etc. I think it'd definitely be worth the experience for many, but not sure how much money you'd actually make in the long run, especially after taxes and ONLY if you actually won in the end.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, that's true, but I am not talking about those long reality shows. I think that both Total Wipeout and Fear Factor are shows that can last one to three days, no more, so that's not a big expense. If we are talking about Big Brother like shows that is another matter, but I guess you are receiving by the day in those cases no?

12. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I think they would be really fun, and yeah, if I'm going to win some money, other than good hygiene, who cares how I look, lol. Study up on the one you want to do. Best wishes for anyone that tries out. I live too far away from anywhere that they would have try outs for, such as California or New York. Fun question. Go for it. Seriously. Again, best of luck. :)

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, if I was in the US I'd give it a go. They are entertaining, adventurous and the best of it is that you can win a good amount of money. I don't know how the selection is processed, but if it depended on me putting on a good show when I got there, that would be no issue, I have some crazy ideas I could put into practice... :)