Garage Sales

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Diane Lane • May 1, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Day 1 is over. 2 more to go. I made $10 today (I didn't expect anything, since it was a Thursday) from the garage sale, and $25 from Facebook sales, so yay, go me. I'll be really glad when the sale is over on Saturday afternoon. I hope I sell some of my items, and make a little money. It's a joint sale with 2 friends, so it's not nearly as much work on any one of us, which I highly recommend.

The downside is that I saw some things one of the friends is selling that I'd like to buy. If they don't sell, I might buy them Saturday, but I'm giving real customers first shot.

Are y'all planning to do any garage/yard/tag sales this Spring/Summer?

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    LOL I have been planning one since last summer. I really hope we get it organized and underway soon. Usually my daughter and I will have two or three per season, and I don't ever make more than $50.00, no matter how much stuff I put in. For the last few years, I think people have gotten used to our sales in the same neighborhood. This year I live in another house across town, so I'm hoping a new location will help. Good luck with yours!

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Brenda, and I hope your new location brings in lots of traffic and some good sales. My friend is very good with advertising the sales on Craigslist, etc. and I shared in some Facebook Sales groups. Today was very, very slow. I think the total of all of our sales was around $10, and $6 of that was mine, but I'm waiting to see if the person who promised to pick up a bed I'm selling shows up tonight to pick it up and pay. If so, that'll be another $60. If not, it goes back on sale for $80 tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day, and should be the busiest, since it's a Saturday, and we also have a beach down the street, so that usually drives up our weekend traffic through the neighborhood. Hopefully I can bring home a lot less than I toted over there, as well as some $$.

Mid-way through the garage sale, I remembered that there was an old headboard and footboard behind the shed, so my friend and I dragged them out and over to the garage sale. I took pictures and uploaded them onto my Facebook groups. Boom! The pictures weren't posted for 10 minutes before I got an offer, and I accepted it. That was $60 I wasn't anticipating, and it sure came in handy!

#3May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015