GEICO - What Do You Think?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by BradHemphill • Sep 25, 2013.

1. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I have recently changed my auto insurance to GEICO and so far I am very impressed. I like the convenience of their on-line site that allows my to make changes that are effective immediately. I also very much like the feature of delaying my automatic payment, no questions asked.

For those of you that have had GEICO for a while, I guess the question would be how satisfied you have been with claim service.

Any thoughts?

2. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Geico is a pretty good insurance company. Not only do I have their insurance, but I worked there. Geico is huge on customer service. It's literally drilled into your head from the moment you're hired. They are very rigid on it. So yes, they are a great company to have insurance with. They want their customers happy.

3. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks, DeeDee. As I said, I've been pleased so far and hopefully that will continue. Hopefully I won't have to ever encounter the claims department at all!

4. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    I've had great experiences with GEICO. About 6 months ago I got into an accident and my insurance agent took care of everything for me. A week after everything happened my truck was fixed and everyone was happy. I hope nothing ever happens again but if it does I know I'm in good hands.

5. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I have had geico for almost 6 months and my experience has been positive. Before geico, I had state farm and the customer service was horrible. They charged me way more than the premium because they somehow lost my information, and were too stupid to look on a piece of paper for proof of my driver's education class. Geico has been wonderful in the insurance process and I will be renewing my policy next month for another six months.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I've had GEICO for over a year. The price was perfect and so far it's been great for us.

7. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    I have had Geico on my motorcycles and been very pleased. My big liter Honda was tipped in a parking lot and was furious, unbelievably pissed. It wasn't just tipped, because I have spacers on it to keep the ferring from damage if it just dumps, but someone had swiped it and the Repsol edition paint job was ruined, and the custom exhaust. The rep helped me and i was compensated and it was well worth having the extra insurance. Also, my boyfriend had recently gotten his insurance from Stae farm , and after the grace period, they actually refused him coverage for speeding tickets, which I had never even heard of, but then Geico insured him and it wasnt even that higher.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have never had Geico because they were just a little to expensive for me. I had gotten a quote and it was just a very high price so I decided to go with a cheaper insurance.

9. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had GEICO insurance, but I am sure that they are no better nor worse than the others. The only issue I have is that they premiums have got to be more than with other companies in order to pay for all those stupid commercials you see every five minutes. I can't imagine that they get enough regular business to cover all of those expenses...there are a lot of commercials. Do yourself a favor and get a GEICO quote and then go with a company that doesn't advertise much like Auto Owners and see the difference.