Gel as ice

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Gelsemium • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have for some years now a blue gel that I use instead of ice when I am hurt or with muscle pains. I guess everyone is using this because it's really convenient and easier to use than ice. Have you tried it? What's your opinion?

gel-pack.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love these! They have been an absolute life saver in our house, my whole family uses them and they have a pretty wide variety of potential uses. Not to mention you can freeze them and use instead of ice like you said (not as messy, either) or you can microwave them and use them to apply heat, or alternate between hot and cold. They're getting pretty inventive with the potential products as well- I've seen the same kind of thing in an eye mask, make specifically for the neck, the back with straps and the knees/elbows with straps and more...so they really couldn't be more convenient to use.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, I feel the same Jessi. I've bought my first a couple of years ago when I twisted my ankle, but they are great for anything that requires ice because they have the same temperature, but they adapt better to our body, I love them!

4. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Honestly, no I haven't. I usually use a bag of frozen vegetables. I know that sounds low class, but it works and it saves me money. Maybe it is being sentimental because it is what my grandmother used to do.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Those are really nice as they fit around the body part you are icing, which is often a joint area. I used one on my ankle once when I had over done it dancing and had an aching tendon. It worked really well because it fit around better than ice cubes would have. If you don't have a crushed ice maker on your fridge, this is definitely worth having on hand.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I rather have a bag of water ice than these blue bag of goo, it feels more natural and cools better. People should read a book by Masaru Emoto, called "The Hidden Messages in Water," which clearly shows that water has memory and structuralizes itself to different frequencies that can either be beneficial or malignant to humans. These gelled bags, contain man-made things that are out of sync with the natural structures of water, hence the reason why I use plain ole water ice against my bruises only.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Are you serious valiant? When I twisted my ankle let me tell you that was way more comfortable to attach this bag to it (they come with a special strap) and just stay there 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, way better than with ice, that can burn us and melt.