Get in the trunk!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MrsJones • Jan 7, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Remember we use to get in the trunk to save admission to get in the drive-in movie? Or hide under a blanket in a station wagon? Does anyone still do that? The costs of movies theater or drive-in have both increased as well as age limits for children. It's become one of the luxuries in life to indulge in a movie. I haven't been to a movie theater in quite some time because of the cost. How can you save money to get into a movie? A radio contest, sweepstake drawing?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We go to the movies about once every two months because, for a family of 4, it gets expensive! One thing we do, even though I'm sure it's frowned upon, is stop at the store on the way and buy our candy there instead of at the theater. We can get large boxes of candy 3 for $3 at the local Walgreens where they'd cost us nearly $5 EACH at the theater. I know the theaters are a business and selling concessions is one way in which they make a profit, but I have to watch my bottom dollar at the same time. And we almost always buy a bucket of popcorn once we are there, so I am still contributing to their profit in some way.

3. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    The most i can say about this is that I look out for the days when specials are on. On Tuesdays there are 'two for one' days and this is the time that have individuals flocking the theater the most, all shows are usually sold out during this time.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I remember hiding in the trunk a few times going to the drive-ins with my friends, and it was always successful! However, nowadays most drive-in personnel do not check how many people, they usually observe how many seats such a vehicle can fit and if there are any sitting on them or not, because I believe they're not willing to turn a guest away over a technical issue being that drive-ins are not making as much money as they used to make. On one occasion, my brother drove our old big four seater van, and we stuff at least 20 people or more in the car with many of them hiding under blankets in the trunk and under the seats! Good times.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Going to the theaters to watch films has definitely become a luxury, with soaring prices for tickets and snacks. However, seeing a really good movie in the theater is a much better experience than watching it elsewhere. If there is a film that you are really looking forward to seeing, and it is heavily improved by the big screen and surround sound, then don't restrict yourself from going. Most theaters have a day every week, or a period of time during the year, where the ticket prices are discounted substantially. Doing some research before going to see a film in theaters could potentially save you lots! Also, maybe eating a meal before hand so you are not hungry and not willing to buy snacks would be a good way to save money.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How to save money to get into a movie? Then let your date treat you to a movie date! Lol. Aside from that, you can just download movies from torrent sites or on any file sharing site, or watch them on Youtube. When I was active in listening to the radio, they always gave away free movie invites. Not sure if they still do that now.