Get the Cheapest Texbooks for University

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by scottyxx • Mar 29, 2012.

1. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have been in the habit of hooking my boyfriend up with ebooks instead of text books, but sometimes he just wants a physical book.

Checking out the University bookstore, Amazon, etc the price of used books is not as cheap as you would think. For example, buying a book new is $150, buying it used is $100. It makes no sense.

So this is when I found a super cheap book store. It is called Abe Books.

They ship all over the world, and sell from all over the world. So you can find the "international edition" (The low cost edition published for India) of the book, which is identical to the American version, for a third of the price.

I ordered him 6 books from this site, costing him $100 TOTAL. Delivered! This was the cost of one of the books new from amazon.

I have used this site for years, have no complaints.

TOP TIP: If you make a purchase from Abe, sign up for SuperPoints, TopCashBack, etc, first and you will get money back on your purchase! Top cashback gives you 5% back and superpoints gives you 4% I think.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've used AbeBooks in the past, and been very pleased with them. I haven't used them for university text books, but when I wanted a couple of books that were out of print, AbeBooks were the only site I could get them from. I was pleasantly surprised by both the price and the condition. The books were both described as 'good condition,' but I'd have classed one as 'very good' and the other as 'excellent' - it was as good as new. I'd certainly recommend them, for any type of book.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    What is nice about this site, compared to Amazon for example, is that the sellers come from all over the world and usually postage is included. So for out of print books like you were looking for Sandra, it is just perfect! I have never tried selling on their though, so I really cannot comment on that.