Get the Michael's APP!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vrobnson • Oct 2, 2012.

1. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    During the last year, I was planning a wedding and found myself in Michael's craft store quite a bit. When I say quite a bit, I really do mean quite a bit! I was in there 3 or 4 times a day. Someone told me about the Michael's app for my phone and when I realized the savings I could get with it, I thought it was too good to be true!

Once you download the app, there is a section that says "Coupons". They load coupons weekly and some of the coupons you may see are: "50% off one item", "25% off total purchase", or "10% off total purchase". There is ALWAYS a coupon and most of the time they last for a week. When that one expires, they just load another one. Sometimes its the same one and sometimes it is different. They have coupons on their receipts sometimes but I normally file receipts away as soon as I get them and I found that a lot of times I would find myself in Michael's unexpectedly and I wouldn't have my receipt! That's why the phone app works so well for me. When you are ready to check out, all you do is pull the bar code up on the app site and let them scan it. It's that easy. The other cool thing about it is that you can use it as many times as you want to, even in one given day. (There are 3 different Michael's stores near me and often times one store would be out of something I needed and I would go to another location and would still be able to use my app, even if I had just used it at the other location)

If you don't have the app and you do a lot of crafts, this app will save you big money.

If you already have the app, how do you like it?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Oh cool! Do you know if the AP coupons are good in Canada too? I love Michaels but if I'm being honest I obly ever shop there when I have a 50% off coupon. In Canada, they print them weekly in their flyer. But I don't always get a flyer and the store rarely has extras.

This AP would rock my crafty socks off! I still wouldn't shop at Michaels unless it was a 50% off coupon. But I always have my phone with me and my flyer delivery is infrequent! I've made the joke before that our newspaper boy takes all the Michaels flyers out before he delivers the paper! :) let's see him try to take my phone!

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip. I have been shopping there recently as I have started to be the party planner in my circle of friends and love to do it. I forget my receipts a lot too. The phone app would be so much more convenient. I store my shopping lists on there, so I would have it out already.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this tip, I will have to share it with my daughter. She does Mary Kay parties and likes to get thinks to make her table display look good by getting things from Michael's.

5. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    @Flannerycam, I'm not sure if the app would work in Canado or not but it wouldn't hurt to download it to your phone anyway and give it a try!

@tjshort05 and Pat, that app was a lifesaver for me when I planned my wedding. I didn't EVER go to Michael's without having a coupon! I saved so much money on wedding supplies. I almost felt like I was stealing from them. I was constantly telling everyone that I ran into in the store about the app.