Getting creative with leftovers

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • May 14, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all have leftovers, just sometimes we don't know how to apply them. If you don't have ideas on the head just google and something will pop up. For example, did you know you can do pancakes or soup with mashed potatoes leftovers?

2. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    This is something I've gotta see to believe...

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    @Journeyman : We make "pancakes" out of leftover mashed potatoes quite often at my house. It's not a "pancake" in the strictest sense, more like a latke, but with the potatoes being mashed instead of shredded. You usually fry them in a pan, and add some seasonings, and it's pretty dang tasty!

--

When I make turkey London broil for dinner, I usually use the left overs for sandwiches. I'll use left over veggies in with pasta dishes or eat them cold with lunch. (I usually stick to corn, peas, and green beans, haha.) I've used bread ends to make stuffing, and to eat cream chipped beef on and I've heard you can use them to make bread pudding. But yeah, you can use a lot of leftovers for all kinds of meals!

4. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    Pretty much any kind of leftovers is good with pancit. Pancit is a Filipino noodles dish, where the main ingredietn is thin rice noodles, or "rice sticks". You can get them at your local Asian grocery. Simply soak the noodles in hot water for 3-5 minutes, then stir fry them with soy sauce and any vegetables or protein you want. You can more or less throw any kind of leftovers in there too. I like to cook a big batch with whatever I have at home, and eat it for lunch for a week.