Getting Higher Credit Limit

Discussion in Credit Cards started by vida_llevares • Jan 7, 2013.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from paying off your dues on due date, are there any other tips on how I could get higher credit limit?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    A few advices

I think all the advice on this topic pointing in the same direction, but I share with you the advice provided by the Smart Consumer portal sponsored by Mastercard. May be useful:

- Reduce your debt to a minimum. When you apply for a loan, lending institutions carefully examine your current debts. Always keep in mind the amount of debt you have. During the time leading up to your application, try to reduce your debts.

-Check the pattern payment of your credit card. Your credit history is another important factor that lending institutions are considered when assessing whether you are eligible for a loan. And your credit history comes complete with your bank credit card issuer.

-Be sure to list all your income and assets. Complete this section in the application form as thoroughly as possible. People often forget to include sources of income such as dividends, tips and gifts as well as assets like jewelry and furniture.

-Make sure your form is correct. At some point you will need to provide documents to support the claims made ​​by you in the application form. Now answer the questions as accurately as possible to avoid problems at the time of the interview.

-Do not provide documents that contradict deliberately. You send so many documents that the possibility of getting caught in contradictions is high. The disadvantages of lying are larger than the benefits: your application may be rejected outright.

-Show a clean bank statement. Make sure your checks are not returned by losses and charges are not returned checks in your statement. Do not show the lender a savings account clean-sure that there is a respectable balance in your account.

3. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    How about simply asking the issuer of one of your credit cards?

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, that's a good one actually. If you're in good standing, have been with the company for a while, etc, then a lot of credit card companies will at least consider raising your limit if you ask. If they deny you, then figure out why they would do so and then work on correcting those problems.

5. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    You can ask the credit card company for a credit limit increase. Although it will still be up to them if they would approve it or not. Usually they would based it on how long you've been their client, on your salary, the credit you have with them and the way you pay your debts/credits with them. I have always had my credit limit increased even though I have never asked them. One of their reasons why they increased my limit is the good standing I have in paying my debts. I have never missed any payment (even if I'm just paying the minimum at times).

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    What worked for me and my credit limit was increased was to pay before the time...not on time but before. It worked 3 times and still continues to work. Alternatively, phone the company and ask them for a credit limit increase, chances are they will give it to you. All the best with that!