Gifts for Men

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by tulosai • Jul 3, 2012.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone was SUPER helpful and thoughtful on my post asking about gifts for parents so I figured I'd go ahead and ask another question. What do you buy or make for the men in your life? My dad, brother, and significant other are impossible to shop for and I often feel out of my league. How do you all deal with this problem?

2. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I usually use the same tactic for them as for everyone else. Usually they will mention a hobby or something they have been considering getting for some time. For example, my brother had broken his headphones and was getting buy on some cheap ones that he had found around the house in the meantime. So a great stocking stuffer for him one Xmas was a new pair of headphones.

Another friend I wasn't sure at all what to get, but I knew like most guys who are relatively young the enjoy eating. Since he had recently went off to school and moved on his own with roommates I found a cheap unused Pasta More for making pasta in the microwave. Turned out he appreciated it a lot and it was a great and thoughtful gift. I was going out on a limb based on the little I had gotten to know of him in just a few months. But since we were all trading gifts I was determined to work out something he could appreciate.

You would be surprised what you can come up with if you start just looking at people's interests, habits and hobbies.

Best of luck in your future gift shopping sprees!

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yeah, I also tend to get them either gadgets or something that they enjoy eating. I see to it that it is something that they really like and that is what I get them. It is hard to go wrong with food and gadgets for males...I find them to be the simplest to buy for (most times). Or something hobby related. Hope that helps. (-:

4. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Well my wife and daughters never know what to offer me, so they are always listening when i get excited about something. And my wife setup a small document for everybody to input anytime they have an idea of a gift they would like. So i would suggest listening and putting yourself in the "man's shoes". In my case, i love a nice drink while my wife does not drink at all ... :)

5. maryelnroach

maryelnroachNew Member

Threads:
    Gift is best way to express our feelings with others. There are many type of gifts available in markets for give men like wallets, greeting cards, belt, watch, sunglasses and so on. But I prefer fashionable cloth for men like tshirts and jeans.

#5Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Last month I just bought a cowboy hat for my father because he collects those kind of hat. One thing that I could suggest when it comes to picking up a gift for a man is to go for what he is interested in. I tell you that you can never go wrong with that. :D

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am usually able to find then something at Sharper Image, Skymall, or Brookstone. They always like some sort of gadget or later tool. mIt took me awhile to figure it out. But now its my go to for a guy gift. They gadgetier the better. I once got my dad a pen than you can record with, with his name engraved on it, and he used it and bragged about it forever.

8. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    For men i like wallets, sunglasses, shirts, t-shirts etc..

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of items that men love such as if he works on cars, a tool set would be nice. If he likes cozy then pj's and a nice robe. It's almost endless for the men. If he likes cocktails, give him his favorite booze. Nice warm socks for him to wear to work and a warm work jacket. I always have it down whenever it's time for a gift. But if he is a whiner, give him a gift card so he can get it himself.

10. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say that purchasing gifts for people can be very challenging, especially if they already have everything or very picky. What I have found useful for men is to just watch them to see what they like, or ask someone close to them if they said they needed anything. My father is a hunter and a fisher, so one time I ordered him a free hunter's knife, but had to pay for the shipping, then for my Uncle's they are preacher's so I got them a nice dress shirt. When all else fails I just go with Cologne or a nice hat.

11. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I HATE buying gifts for the men in my life! The only male I have ever found it relatively easy to buy for was my former partner and that is only because he LOVED clothes and aftershave!. Buying gifts for say, my dad is impossible! He has EVERYTHING!

12. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I follow the same rule in getting gifts for everyone. The item should be something they would love and they would use. Thus, it has to be related to his hobbies and interests.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are men allowed to answer this question? I have bought gifts for my brother and my Dad so I guess that qualifies me. This Christmas I bought my Dad a wool hat, handmade in England with the finest Shetland wool. He was very pleased with it.

14. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I like wallets, greeting cards, belt, watch, sunglasses and so on. But I prefer fashionable cloth for men like tshirts and jeans.

15. sanjusahu

sanjusahuNew Member

Threads:
    I think whatever may the gift if it is new model, trendy and mostly useful must liked by men.

16. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Gifts like wallet , Clothes , Watch or Glares are best gift for men.

17. Nathan

NathanBanned

Threads:
    Wow nice thanks for sharing .....:)

18. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    there are so many gifts available in the market for the men. you can pic up any of them. i let you know some of my suggestion .You can give a mobile phones, tshirt , perfumes ,ipad, watch and flowers. Among all of this i preferred Perfume with flowers.

19. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    You can search on a google for gifts for men. you find different items to giving them as a gift. I tell you some ideas regarding gifts which is in mind. you can give a watches, perfumes, t-shirts ,glasses , flower bouquet as a gift to any men. other than this there are lots of things available in the market.

20. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    My man likes perfume but I always give him that. It's really hard to think of something that he would enjoy. For years i have been alternating between perfume and Star Wars stuff. He enjoys my gifts but I want to give him something else for a change. He wouldn't enjoy shirts, he's happy with his phone and tablet, he has plenty of knives. Oh I know! Some power tools would make his life a lot easier at home. Would poower tools be ok or is it corny?