Gifts That Will Save The Recipient Money?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Denis Hard • Jul 30, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the best gifts you'll ever get anyone is something that will save them money either on the short term or over a longer period of time.

For instance many people spend a lot of money on energy bills because they use [old] incandescent bulbs which use a lot of energy. Buying them LED bulbs which use 90% less energy and last an eternity [as a gift], could help these friends of yours save a lot of money.

More ideas, please?

2. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea. I have also as a gift chosen one of their utilities bills and paid it for them. It is always nice when you have one less bill to pay even if its only for a month. You can get gift cards for their cell phones to help with the costs. Some people like to play Facebook games so you can get gifts cards for that or i-Tunes.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to receive vouchers for the grocery store I usually use. To me, they are as good as cash so are always welcome. I'd always choose something practical like this as a Christmas or birthday gift any time.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, it would be very nice to not have to worry about one bill that month, which can be accomplished as stated above, by paying that particular bill, or giving the recipient a gift card or cash. Another idea might be to take their vehicle in for a service, which could save them some money over the long haul, such as if you got them a tune up or oil change. I think another thoughtful gift could be something like a membership to AAA or another roadside service, or if they use public transportation, a metro card.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I like to receive Visa or Mastercard gift cards as gifts because I can spend them any way I need to. If I am low on money I can buy food with them or use them to pay a bill and it is like the person who gave me the gift card helped me out that month. My parents gave me a food sealer a couple of years ago and that has saved me a lot of money because I no longer have to worry about food going to waste. I just vacuum seal it and stick it in the freezer.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is true and very practical. Food can even be counted on the list, like a sack of rice so that it will get them to save money or a basket of fruits. Anything that they regularly eat would be preferred.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the cleaning products at Dollar Tree are excellent, like The Works toilet cleaner and LAs Awesome cleaner.
    So I think a reusable laundry basket full of cleaning supplies and sponges and scrubbers would save a friend money and be very thrifty to put together as well.

If you wanted to be fancy, you could throw in a fancy bottle of lavender or lemon verbena dish soap from TJMaxx and it still wouldn't make the basket that expensive.

8. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This is an interesting idea. I never considered this before. Not everyone would appreciate this type of gift, but I know many who would. I have given gift certificates before, but just not money saver items.