Glasses

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Aug 8, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If you need to wear glasses in your day-to-day, do you have trendy glasses or "regular" glasses?
    I wear regular small black ones but I sometimes see people wearing these big frames like you see in sunglasses, I think I'd get tired of wearing those all day.

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I wear regular glasses. I don't like to spend too much money on the frames, so I go for the simplest and least expensive style. The large and trendy styles are always the most expensive. Besides, I don't think the larger frames work with the shape of my face. I also wear contacts, so I am not too concerned about my frames being fashionable.

3. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I wear the type that you would call trendy. They are bulky frames made of a hard plastic, but it is very lightweight. You actually hardly even know you have them on. Plus, you can get them online at a great place called Zenni Optical. My glasses with frames, prescription and shipping was about $39. That is less than the frames are usually; and I've had no problems whatsoever with them. Their tough and look good.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think mine are trendy. I didn't have the money to get anything fancy so I was on free insurance. I do wish though that they'd invent a lens that you could put in your sunglasses. One, I'm a sunglasses girl and I like to wear all my different sunglasses. Two, I don't know about you but I think the way transitions are built suck.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I wear contacts. I didn't like seeing the rim of my glasses when I wore them so I switched to contacts. I also didn't like the feel or the weight of the glasses on my nose and behind my ears. I only wear my glasses at night right before bedtime. They are a simple wire frame, nothing fashionable or trendy.

6. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I wear plastic frames but they look pretty normal, not trendy. I think the plastic ones are more comfortable on the nose. I prefer to get pretty neutral glasses, mine now are black and my last pair was dark blue. I wear contacts sometimes but still wear my glasses every day so I want a pair that goes with everything and doesn't draw so much attention.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I wear a variety of eyeglasses from traditional to fashion.

In order to save money on these items, I use my on-the-job health insurance to pay for the more expensive pairs. For others, I frequent drug or discount stores such as Walgreens or Dollar Tree. They both offer decent fare. The only glitch is that the cheaper the eyeglass, the more apt the item is to scratch or break.

Fun eyeglasses from the Dollar Tree (one dollar ya'll) . . .
    [​IMG]

8. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have a great vision insurance plan that pays for the bulk of my frames so yes, I do have nice frames. My regular glasses are the Vogue brand, pink frames, with flowers on the side. They aren't over-sized at all though and they work well with my face as well as with my personality. I think as long as your glasses "fit you" then it doesn't matter if they are trendy or not.

9. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly wear contacts. I also like to buy trendy glasses for days when I do not wear my contact lenses. If I did not get trendy eye glasses I probably would not wear them. I want to look good and feel good in my glasses when I wear them. Trendy glasses can be more expensive, but for me it is worth the investment.

10. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses and contacts. When I do decide to wear my glasses, I want to be stylish so I have several pairs. Most of them are Ray Bans because this is my favorite brand. The frames are really comfortable too. They are a bit pricey but good eye glasses are always a great investment.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use regular glasses. I have never gone for a trendy glasses. Simple pair is very good for me. They fit every kind of clothes that I wear. In fact they are more versatile than those stylized glasses that are on trend. Once the trend set-they are no longer fun and suitable to be worn.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also wear regular glasses. I'm not inclined to wear the ones with a large frame that makes you look nerdy even if they seem to be popular, because it's not my style and I think it makes one look nerdy. When I decide to replace my current eyeglasses, I will still buy a regular looking frame.

13. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm like you, I can't wear huge glasses all day long. They are not only ugly, but they also can get heavy as well. The Aviator style sunglasses are huge but people still wear them to this day. I prefer a smaller frame with polycarbonate lenses. This gives a stylish look and reduces the weight.

14. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses let's say for over 30 years and I like to think that my frames have been improving with time haha, but it's something I really don't care too much. I've changed them in those 30 years maybe 3 or 4 times, so I can wear the same more or less for 10 years, I don't see a reason to change them sooner if they are still good.

15. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm wearing an old fashioned huge plastic frame for practicality. It's a little heavier but I like the fact that I can see more with a bigger frame. I also don't have to turn my head so much when looking at things at the corner of my vision. I noticed that people like to wear frames without the glass for fashion nowadays.

16. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    The big trendy glasses you speak of I think are probably the Wayfarer kind...

[​IMG]

I have some of these. My daughter calls them my "hipster" glasses. I think they're cute, and they are actually pretty lightweight. They just look heavy.

I got mine for cheap from one of these super cheap eyeglass places you see online. It's really great to have a few different glasses for different moods. They're good enough quality, as far as I'm concerned. My one pair I wear 80 percent of the time I got from a local optometrist, and they cost a fortune. No way could I afford a second pair from them!

17. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to wear contacts. I do not think that glasses are fashionable and make me look nerdy. I use to wear glasses when I was younger and I hated it because my brother use to call me four eyed. Ever since then I have been wearing contacts.

18. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I just have regular black-framed glasses. I have also seen some people wearing big glasses because I used to work with someone who has that. I don't think that that is very comfortable because it seems very heavy and distracting. I think that wearing something as big as that will just make my head ache more.

19. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pair of reading glasses that have the slightly larger frames. Hey, if I have to wear glasses, I might as well get ones that look good right?

But the ones I can't stand are the glasses that take up a person's entire face. I understand the need to be "trendy" but to that level is taking it way too far.

20. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have to wear glasses in my every day life and I just have simple glasses not anything super-trendy or retro so to speak but they look simplistically stylish. I can't imagine people wearing big goggle type glasses any more since like the 90's.